The outspoken member of parliament(MP) for Assin Central, Kennedy Ohene Agyapong has fired back at the family of late undercover journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale for organizing a press conference with the intention of tarnishing his reputation.
At a press conference to address some assertions reported in the media on Suale’s death in Accra yesterday, a spokesperson for the family, Mr Mustapha Iddrisu, said they were offended by Mr Agyapong’s decision to offer a bounty on their son’s killers.
“It is an insult to the conscience of the family that a man who called for harm to be visited on our son will turn around a few months down the line, after that call for harm had been overly subscribed, to say he is placing a bounty on the head of those who may have acted on his call or got leads thereby to carry out the act,” he added.
He also debunked Mr Agyapong’s assertion that he had assisted in paying Suale’s school fees, saying: “At no point in the entire education journey of our son was he assisted by Kennedy Agyapong.
Our family has always had the wherewithal to fund the education of its members and Suale was not an exception.”
Mr Iddrisu further refuted claims by the MP that Suale had resigned from Tiger Eye PI and was not on talking terms with Anas, adding: “On the day of his unfortunate assassination, he was with Anas throughout and had informed some family members about the collaboration between Tiger Eye and the Attorney-General’s Office to prosecute those implicated in the Number 12 exposé.
“How could individuals at loggerheads jointly secure visas to travel out of the Ghanaian jurisdiction for an assignment which was due in the first week of the month of February 2019?
“We are appealing to Mr Agyapong to allow the innocent soul of our son, father and brother to rest in eternal peace. We are confident and hopeful that the thunder spirit worldwide and the innocent soul of our son will soon haunt out those whose hands are dripping with his blood,” he added.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Mr Iddrisu further claimed that the deceased felt insecure after Mr Agyapong had splashed his photographs in the media, with the accompanying incitement of violence against him.
Expressing his disenchantments about how the family accused him wrongly during the press conference, the outspoken member of parliament, Kennedy Agyapong blasted the late undercover journalist’s family by indicating candidly that he cannot be threatened by anyone and blamed for something he knows nothing about.
“What have I said to irritate anyone? I don’t understand. Nobody can threaten me, I would not allow myself to be accused of something I know nothing about.
They cannot threaten me by using this stupid paper. This guy who did the press conference is stupid, this is about a dead person and you go around organising a silly press conference. I am not scared of anyone”, Kennedy Agyapong angrily stated.
The Member of Parliament also stated that the truth will surely come out and he will be exonerated concerning allegation levelled against him.
He also stated that the family should correct their facts because Anas Aremeyaw Anas exposed Ahmed at every meeting that was meant to set people up.
According to him, Anas attended all those meetings covered up but Ahmed was exposed and he has video evidence to back his accusations.
Ahmed Suale,31 Years, was gunned down by unknown gunmen on a motorbike in the vicinity of his Madina family house at night on January 16, 2019.
Some neighbours claimed to have sighted the killers in the area a number of times before they eventually struck.
No arrest has been made yet
In shock and disbelief, some civil society organisations and individuals accused Mr Agyapong of compromising Suale’s safety after he had displayed his pictures on his TV network, NET 2.
Last year, Mr Agyapong revealed Suale’s name and the neighbourhood where he lived in, shared his pictures and exposed the journalist’s most closely guarded secret – his face.
- Anas’ Location When Ahmed Suale Was Killed Revealed
- Ask Me Intelligent Questions And Stop The Rubbish – Kennedy Agyapong ‘Fires’ BBC Reporter
- Police ‘Picks Up’ Anas Over Ahmed’s Death
- I Don’t Trust Current IGP Because Anas Vetted And Appointed Him – Kennedy Agyapong Alleges
- I’ll Honour Ahmed With A ‘Huge Story’ That’ll Shake Nations – Anas
- VIDEO: Anas Speaks On Allegations That He Killed Ahmed
- Ahmed’s death: Ex Tiger Eye PI staff ‘fingers’ Anas’ wife in Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- Kennedy Agyapong likely to be banned from the US over Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- AHMED’S MURDER: Eyewitness account on how the unknown gunmen killed Ahmed
- AHMED’S MURDER: Investigations shouldn’t be focused on Kennedy Agyapong only – Criminologist
- I have not been arrested by the Police CID – Kennedy Agyapong
- BREAKING NEWS: Police CID ‘picks up’ Kennedy Agyapong over the murder of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- This Is Why Anas Employed The Late Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ahmed’s Death: I Have No Trust In Ghana Police; I’m Doing My Own Investigations – Kennedy Agyapong
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- Anas’ boys dragged me to an uncompleted building and threatened me with a pistol – Former Tiger Eye PI employee reveals
- We did our best to protect Ahmed – Family reveals
- PHOTOS: Anas dedicates international award for Number 12 expose’ to murdered Ahmed
- Killers of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed identified – MP reveals
- Kwesi Nyantakyi ‘hot’ over Anas’ key partner, Ahmed’s death
- Your entire Tiger Eye PI team would’ve been wiped off by a sniper if it was in the USA – Retired Army Captain tells Anas
- AHMED’S MURDER: I warned Ahmed 3 months ago of the impending danger – Islamic preacher speaks