US Congressman, Hank Johnson has condemned the killing of Ghanaian investigative journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale at Madina in Accra on Wednesday night and wants the US to join in investigations into his death.
Mr Johnson in a letter to the US Secretary of State said the US government must also look at possible sanctions including a travel ban against the Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong over his conduct and utterances against the deceased prior to his killing.
Hank Johnson, in a letter to the US Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo said the US must deploy its security agencies to support Ghana with intelligence among other resources to investigate the murder.
He also urged, “the application of travel, banking, and other applicable sanctions targeting Kennedy Agyapong, who he said, “urged violence against the journalist prior to his murder.”
Hank Johnson, the U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 4th congressional district said the value of the Ahmed Suale’s work and America’s principles of freedom of the press warrant that it gets involved to promptly investigate the matter.
“We cannot allow the voices of truth to be muffled by those who would benefit from silence and deceit,” the congressman added in his letter.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Read the full letter below:
- Anas’ Location When Ahmed Suale Was Killed Revealed
- Kennedy Agyapong Rains Insults On Family Of Late Ahmed For Siding With Anas
- Ask Me Intelligent Questions And Stop The Rubbish – Kennedy Agyapong ‘Fires’ BBC Reporter
- Police ‘Picks Up’ Anas Over Ahmed’s Death
- I Don’t Trust Current IGP Because Anas Vetted And Appointed Him – Kennedy Agyapong Alleges
- I’ll Honour Ahmed With A ‘Huge Story’ That’ll Shake Nations – Anas
- VIDEO: Anas Speaks On Allegations That He Killed Ahmed
- Ahmed’s death: Ex Tiger Eye PI staff ‘fingers’ Anas’ wife in Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- AHMED’S MURDER: Eyewitness account on how the unknown gunmen killed Ahmed
- AHMED’S MURDER: Investigations shouldn’t be focused on Kennedy Agyapong only – Criminologist
- I have not been arrested by the Police CID – Kennedy Agyapong
- BREAKING NEWS: Police CID ‘picks up’ Kennedy Agyapong over the murder of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- This Is Why Anas Employed The Late Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ahmed’s Death: I Have No Trust In Ghana Police; I’m Doing My Own Investigations – Kennedy Agyapong
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- Anas’ boys dragged me to an uncompleted building and threatened me with a pistol – Former Tiger Eye PI employee reveals
- We did our best to protect Ahmed – Family reveals
- PHOTOS: Anas dedicates international award for Number 12 expose’ to murdered Ahmed
- Killers of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed identified – MP reveals
- Kwesi Nyantakyi ‘hot’ over Anas’ key partner, Ahmed’s death
- Your entire Tiger Eye PI team would’ve been wiped off by a sniper if it was in the USA – Retired Army Captain tells Anas
- AHMED’S MURDER: I warned Ahmed 3 months ago of the impending danger – Islamic preacher speaks