The Lawra Traditional Council has enstooled Kennedy Agyapong, the Member of Parliament for Assin Central in the Central Region, as development chief of the Lawra Traditional Area.
The legislator was consequently labelled Tengmaal Naa, Kennedy Dery Agyapong, as his chieftaincy title.
The ceremony was performed by Naa Puowelle Karbo III, paramount chief of Lawra Traditional Area, who said the honour was in recognition of the character, work, attitude and orientation of the MP towards improving the conditions of the vulnerable in society.
He said the MP’s frankness was an inspiring trait that had played a part in his successful life, both as a private person and a politician, even if it had hurt a few.
He said the MP’s devotion to improving the needs of the vulnerable, including women, was not only admirable but an attribute that marked him out.
During the ceremony, the Lawra Naa dressed Kennedy Agyapong in three layers of smock garments, a matching cap, and a walking stick – which also symbolized his staff of office – before placing him on the stool three times.
Born in Wa
Mr Agyapong, who revealed that he was born in Wa in 1962 when his father was a teacher in what has become the capital of the later-to-be-carved Upper West Region, expressed gratitude to the chief and his people for “an honour I am struggling to contain”.
“I am short of words. The honour done me is overwhelming,” he said.
“Some people are honoured when they die; I have lived to see this day,” he added.
“I know I have hurt a few people with my forthright talk. But I seek to speak the truth, even if it hurts.”
He promised to show up very often to support the development of the Lawra Municipality.
The occasion was mixed with the inauguration of the Tideltaa Women’s Group, a non-governmental organisation founded by the MP for Lawra, Anthony Karbo, to empower vulnerable women through a variety of channels to enhance their economic and social wellbeing.
Mr Agyapong, who happened to be a major benefactor of the Group, said he had been encouraged by the Lawra MP to continue to support the vulnerable in society.
He donated ¢20,000 to support the activities of the NGO and a further ¢10,000 to the Lawra Traditional Council.
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Inspire People By Helping Those In Need
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- Kennedy Agyapong must apologise to Ghanaians for wasting our time
- Can Kennedy Agyapong swallow his pride and apologise to Kweku Baako as the court has ordered?
- Tit For Tat: Asaase Radio and other businesses owned by NPP bigwigs that NDC is likely to collapse if they win power
- Why Haven’t The Ghana Police Arrested Kennedy Agyapong?
- Mastermind: How Rev. Obofuor Tactically Silenced Kennedy Agyapong
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- Kennedy Agyapong to takeover King Faisal
- ‘You’re an ugly attention-seeking bitch’ – Kennedy Agyapong fires Afia Schwarzenegger
- I like John Mahama – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Put ‘mad’ Kennedy Agyapong on suicide watch – Kevin Taylor begs
- J.B. Danquah Adu was killed because he had naked pictures of Mahama – Ken Agyapong alleges
- We are sweating because of Atta Akyea – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Kennedy Agyapong strips Kevin Taylor naked before Ghanaians in Germany
- IMF, World Bank praises won’t win you 2020 polls – Ken Agyapong warns-Akufo Addo
- NPP communicators are too hungry – Kennedy Agyapong
- NPP bigwigs grabbing everything – Kennedy Agyapong blows alarm
- I’ll contract women to beat you – Kennedy Agyapong tells Badu Kobi
- Boycott loans from Ghanaian Banks – Kennedy Agyapong advises Ghanaian traders
- NAM 1 has shamed Kennedy Agyapong – Maurice Ampaw
- Stop hailing ‘hypocrite’ Rawlings – Kennedy Agyapong
- ‘Evil’ Ghanaian journalists now tin gods – Kennedy Agyapong cries
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- Beg Kennedy Agyapong now or you’ll regret in 2020 – Owusu Bempah warns NPP
- Kennedy Agyapong will not respond to your ‘useless’ demand – Spokesperson to Hannah Bissiw