Comic actor Kalybos has been confirmed as the official host for the 2018 edition of Ghana Movie Awards (GMA).
He will be following the likes of DKB, Funny Face and Klint Da Drunk who have all hosted the awards ceremony in the past.
This year’s awards ceremony is slated for Sunday, December 30 at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel in Accra.
Kalybos, born Richard Asante, would add a unique flair to the hosting of the awards.
The award is held annually to recognise excellence in the Ghanaian movie industry.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Its first edition was held on December 25, 2010, at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) and subsequently, the date was changed due to conflict with other events in December.
However, the award was put on hold after the 2016 ceremony when Zylofon Media took over the organisation in July 2017.
Late this year, original franchise holder, GP Productions Limited, came out with the announcement that it was going to organise the award in 2018.
It was supposed to have been organised last Sunday, but organisers decided to postpone it to December 30.
The choice of Kalybos as a host adds to the long list of comedians whoever hosted the award.
- 5 photos of Patricia, the lady Kalybos reportedly married
- VIDEO: Shatta Wale Was Belittled On Beyonce’s Song – Kalybos
- ‘I nearly fell in love with Kalybos when he touched me on set’ – Actress confesses
- VIDEO: Kalybos Survives Fatal Car Accident
- VIDEO: Kalybos Acquires A Brand New Car Worth Ghc157,000
- I’ve Never Smoked ‘Weed’ Before – Ahuofe Patri
- Fred Nuamah Is A Stubborn Guy – Kalybos
- I Won’t Go Near Events Like The Ghana Movie Awards – Ken Fiati
- Photos of Ghanaian actress who allegedly dated and dumped Kalybos pop up
- Ghana Movie Awards 2018: Full list of winners
- Ghana movie awards 2018: The movie ‘Azali’ tops with 15 nominations