Veteran Nollywood actor Pete Edochie has stated that it is inappropriate for men to go on their knees in the bid to propose marriage to their girlfriends.
It is a common practice in Europe and other foreign countries where men go on their knees to propose to their girlfriends at open places such as the mall and any other place that has a lot of people gathered.
The act, which is gradually being copied by Africans and this has made the veteran actor angry thus leading to his stance.
According to the award-winning actor, the act is not part of the African doctrine and hence should be thrown away and not given space in the African culture.
“Kneeling to propose to a woman is white people’s culture because women dominate there and have more rights than men, it is not the African man’s ways,” he said.
To buttress his point, he used our traditional setting as an example and stated that it is a woman who kneels to give drink to a man to show her loyalty, humility and total submission to the man and that’s the way it should be.
“I didn’t kneel to propose to my wife and we’ve stayed 50years in our marriage, I took my time to woo her, when it’s time to settle down, I asked if she’ll marry me and that was it”, he said.
Pete Edochie also narrated how the ‘Whites’ came to Africa pretending to be archaeologists but little did we know they came to destroy our culture and trade us.
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- We are not taking over the jobs of TV Presenters and musicians – Emelia Brobbey
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Fans putting too much pressure on us – Belinda Dzattah
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- I’m not financially ready to marry – Actor
- Ghanaians too quick to judge – Victoria Lebene
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- I’ve frolicked with lesbians before – Actress Shugatiti confesses