Chelsea captain Gary Cahill has revealed it is hard to respect manager Maurizio Sarri due to how he has been treated this season.
Cahill who is set to exit the London-based club has won two Premier League titles,Champions League and Europa League with Chelsea after joining them from Bolton Wanderers in 2012.
Sarri stated during the season that Cahill was not suitable for his possession-based style of football.
The 33-year-old revealed his frustration of his inactivity and treatment at the Stamford Bridge
‘’It’s been really terrible for me personally,’’
‘’If you are not playing a player, any player, for two, three, four games, then you don’t have to give a reason for that. But if it gets to eight or nine games, then you have to explain the situation. What’s going on? But the manager hasn’t done that,’’
‘It makes it very hard for me to have respect for someone who has not respected what some of us have won with the club.’’ Cahill told the Daily Telegraph.
Cahill made two Premier League appearances for Chelsea this season.
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- Luiz pens new deal at Chelsea
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Benayoun announces his retirement
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Hazard joins Real Madrid for €100 million
- Liverpool win sixth UEFA Champions League
- Inter Milan confirm Conte as new head coach
- Chelsea beat Arsenal to lift Europa League trophy
- Adomah secures Premier League promotion with Aston Villa
- Kompany announces Manchester City exit
- Morata vows never to return to Chelsea
- Lichtsteiner is set to leave Arsenal after Europa League Final
- Relegated Premier League club Huddersfield Town set to be sold
- Atsu on target for Newcastle against Liverpool
- Bailly ruled out of AFCON
- Adebayor talks about Arsenal’s challenges
- Herrera to join PSG next season
- Lukaku dreams to play in Italy
- Guardiola debunks Mahrez exit rumours
- Historic: Long scores fastest goal in English Premier League
- Salah named one of the world’s most influential people by Time magazine
- Solskjaer set to make tough decisions on Manchester United squad
- Sarri heaps praise on Hazard ahead of Europa League game
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Leicester City appoint Brendan Rodgers as new manager
- ENGLISH CARABAO CUP: Man City Beat Chelsea On Penalties To Win Trophy
- JUST IN: FIFA Bans Chelsea From Signing New Players (DETAILS)
- ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE: Aguero’s historic hat-trick humiliates Chelsea
- English Premier League: Liverpool taste first defeat away to Manchester City; Citizens back in title race