The New Patriotic Party (NPP) has always been tagged as the most violent political party in Ghana, but they have always debunked such claims. Meanwhile, every single time, the NPP keep proving to Ghanaians that they are indeed the most violent political party in Ghana.
The former General Secretary of the NPP, the late Mr. Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie A.K.A. Sir John said once in a statement that, “… even Kwame Nkrumah who arrested, beat and detained us without trials, he couldn’t stand us….” In this particular statement, he was referring to the former president of Ghana, John Mahama. He informed him that no one beats the NPP when it comes to violence in Ghana and even went on further to ask whether he knew how the Kubungugu bomb came into Ghana.
This is a statement the General Secretary of the NPP made indicating clearly that the NPP is the most violent political party in Ghana.
Madam Mavis Hawa Koomson is the Member of Parliament and also the Minister of State in charge of Special Development Initiatives all on the ticket of the NPP. Hon. Hawa Koomson went to a registration centre after she was informed that the opposition political party has brought people who were not from the constituency to come and register.
Instead of consulting the appropriate authorities in charge for them to address the issue, she took the law into her hands and ignored all the protocols and fired gunshots; which she claimed were “warning shots” and that, she fired the gunshots to scare people. As a result of this disgraceful act by the Member of Parliament, the officials who were supposed to register the electorates fled the premises and left behind their machines.
NDC party agents were beaten and their motorbikes burnt, all in the name of the MP claiming to be scaring people.
Again in January 2019, a by-election was organized for the Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituency following the demise of their Member of Parliament, the late Hon. Emmanuel Kyeremanteng Agyarko on November 2018. Just an hour after commencement of voting, a chaotic scene was witnessed at the La Bawalashie Presbyterian School Pooling Station following an impasse which ensued over the polls.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Some armed men clothed in National Security apparel stormed the polling agents believed to be NDC. The armed men also stormed the residence of the NDC candidate, Delali Kwasi Brempong and also these armed men assaulted the Member of Parliament for Ningo Prampram. Shortly after the chaos began, the NDC issued a press statement saying they have withdrawn from the by-elections.
Thirteen (13) NDC party members were injured and rushed immediately to the Legon and 37 Military Hospitals for treatment. The most suspicious thing is that most (if not all) the assaulted people were members of the NDC. According to the electorates, the police came directly onto the NDC agents.
Madam Hawa Koomsom has reminded Ghanaians that the NPP are the real experts when it comes to violence in Ghana. A Minister of State sending a gun to a registration centre and unleashing “warning shots” just because you think there are foreigners in your constituency does not sound anywhere near patriotism.
Meanwhile, there are legal protocols which if were taken properly would have avoided the occurrence of this violence in the first place but due to the violent nature of the NPP, she decided to go the ‘hard way’ i.e. the violent way. After the firing of gunshots, went ahead to beat and burn motorcycles belonging to members of the NDC.
Amidst all these violent acts, there hasn’t been a single word from the President, who is also the flagbearer of the NPP about what he thinks about these horrific scenes. This came as no surprise to everyone who knows the NPP and Akufo-Addo very well, especially when he contested for Member of Parliament for Abuakwa in the Eastern Region of Ghana. He organized boys who burnt to ashes the NDC head office in the constituency.
The NPP has on several occasions shown Ghanaians that indeed when it comes to violence in Ghana, they are the political party that can perform it very well. Madam Hawa Koomson’s act is a confirmation and reminder that NPP is the most violent political party in Ghana.
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- In-depth analysis that shows that Akufo-Addo has won the 2020 elections
- Auditor General Vs The Presidency: Why both should be shown the exit
- Time to do away with retirees as Presidents; Amend the laws to allow the youth to contest
- What Prof. Jane Naana Opoku has in common with past running mates that should scare the NPP
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- NDC has erred: This is why preparing a manifesto without a running mate is a big blunder
- 4 Top Ignorant Politicians in Ghana [OPINION]
- Why one of these 3 would be John Mahama’s running mate
- Dr. Bawumia: The 21st Century Ghanaian Political Messiah?
- 5 groups of people who should vote for NPP at all cost
- A Ritual? These Are NPP Bigwigs Who Died In An Election Year
- 7 examples that prove that NPP’s leadership is a family affair
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- Why Ashanti Region must show the NPP the exit in the upcoming elections
- How NPP has strategically secured over 2 million votes ahead of 2020 elections
- NPP repeating NDC’s mistakes as they spend all time on Prof. Jane Naana and ignore John Mahama to walk free
- NPP vs NDC: Who has performed better in the Agricultural sector?
- Would NPP allow Bawumia to proceed as a presidential candidate like how Mahama was allowed by NDC?
- The regrets Ghanaians would have should the NPP be voted out of power
- Why I blame Reverend Obofour for the death of Apraku My Daughter
- Underground Musician, this is all what you need to know
- Underground Musician, this is all what you need to know
- Ghanaian politicians who have been to prison
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Seven NPP scandals that make John Mahama an angel with Airbus scandal
- 4 times Nana Addo proved to be a listening President
- Funny things that Akufo-Addo would be forever remembered for
- How far with A-Plus and his TPP?
- 4 groups of people who should vote for NDC at all cost