A 27-year-old taxi driver has allegedly hanged himself to death at Dwomo, a farming community near Inchaban in the Western Region.
George Kojo Asemaning was found hanging on a rope tied to a ceiling fan in his single room Monday without any pant on.
He was said to have parked his taxi at the outskirt of the community the previous day at about 4:00pm.
It is unclear what caused him to commit the suicide that has thrown the people in the community into a state of shock.
But a note found in his room stated his name and read in part “I want to kill myself. Good by my friend…”\
His body has since been removed by the Police in the area and to the Effia Nkwanta Hospital morgue.
The Police say investigations have started into the case
A terrified resident who declined to give his name told Takoradi-based Connect FM that the deceased’s elder brother Monday morning went to look for him at his home but could not find him.
He then decided to look for him and in the process found Asomaning’s car parked at the outskirt of the community.
According to the witness, the elder brother then went back to Asomaning’s home and forced his door opened after several knocks on the door were unanswered.
“He forcibly opened the door to his brother’s room only to find his lifeless body hanging on the roof,” the witness said.
- Has Midland-Policeman committed suicide?
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Trabzonspor to open negotiations with Leeds over Ekuban
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Partey committed to Atletico Madrid amidst transfer rumours
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- The ‘Suicide’ Our Presidents Have Committed
- Ghana’s two angels: An insult to their congregations
- SECURITY ALERT: Prophet Stephen Kwadwo Adom – a threat to public safety
- CUSTOMER CARE: Is Opportunity International Savings and Loans next to Midlands?
- Death and the politics of tribute in Ghana: Focusing on the Akan
- Honourable but not honest
- Did Dr. Otabil Indeed Play No Role In the Collapse of Capital Bank?
- Menzgold – Joy News’ Laughable So Called Visit to Menzgold’s London Office
- MENZGOLD: Aurum Utalium vs September 28
- Indefinite Postponement of Terminal 3 commissioning: We must fly above petty politics – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Ghanaian women retarding feminism and gender equality
- Menzgold: Investors may die if they go to ‘Nogokpo’