While his good looks, great fashion sense and growing career may make actor Harold Amenya a girl’s dream husband, the young man says he is not ready for marriage now especially, financially.
“There is pressure on me from family and friends to get married but all I tell anyone who says that to me is I am not ready yet because I am not financially sound,” he told Graphic Showbiz in an interview on Friday, November 1.
According to Harold, financial instability is a major cause of marriages breaking down and he does want to be a victim.
“My parents’ marriage could not work because of financial instability. There were always issues and they had to go their separate ways. It was not easy for me and my siblings growing up and I don’t want my children to go through the same,” he revealed.
He said that he would prefer to wait for a long time, get enough money and marry rather than rushing into marriage and divorcing quickly.
To those putting pressure on Harold, he said they were wasting their time because he would marry at the right time.
“I am not moved my pressure and if those putting pressure on me know the plan I have they will stop wasting their time. At the right time it will happen,” he said.
Asked if he was engaged, Harold who has starred in productions including Peep, Four Play Reloaded, Xoxo, Joseph among others said he was currently seeing someone.
Moving on to other matters, Harold Amenya said it was not right for any man of God to publicly announce the death of a celebrity.
“I am not in support of any man of God creating fear and panic in any celebrity by announcing his or her death. I believe the best thing to do is to reach out to the celebrity and either pray with him or her and guide such celeb what they must do,” he said.
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- We are not taking over the jobs of TV Presenters and musicians – Emelia Brobbey
- It’s not okay for a man to go down on his knees to propose to a lady – Pete Edochie
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Fans putting too much pressure on us – Belinda Dzattah
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet
- NDC and NPP same, I’m sad to be a Ghanaian – Yvonne Nelson
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- Ghanaians too quick to judge – Victoria Lebene
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- I’ve frolicked with lesbians before – Actress Shugatiti confesses