The former Central Regional Chairman of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Allotey Jacobs has served notice that he will deal with the National Communication Officer of the party Sammy Gyamfi over the latter’s disrespectful behaviour.
The obviously livid leading and outspoken member of the NDC said on Asempa Fm’s Ekosii sen program monitored by MyNewsGh.com that he will not speak for the party unless the issues being discussed relate to former President John Dramani Mahama.
“I was with you (host) in the studio when their National Communication Officer Sammy Gyemfi sent a text message that I don’t speak for the NDC. So you expect me to speak for NDC? That small boy sitting there…Look the time has even come for me to deal with him,” he said.
Mr Allotey Jacobs has been criticized largely by Members of the NDC over his recent defence of President Nana Akufo Addo particularly on matters of corruption. He is reported to have said that the President is not corrupt as suggested by his party. A position many say is divergent from the position of the NDC.
But he insisted that his defence of the President does not mean he in bed with the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP).
“The same NDC communication team has destroyed my image. We have friends in the NPP and we know people who are eating from the hands of the NPP and they will come on radio and be speaking rubbish to look as if they are defending NDC. We know them and they should know that we are friends and we have been with them for long. I don’t deny friendship. If people think that I’ll come and sit on radio and insult Nana Akufo-Addo I won’t do it,” he added.
In the view of the former regional Chairman, the new generation of Communicators of the NDC do not know how much persons like him toiled to build the party.
He challenged the party communications team leadership to delete his name from their list of recognised communicators because he is not interested in being one.
- 9 Ghanaians With The Most Difficult Jobs That You Wouldn’t Want To Be In Their Shoes
- Where are all the senior politicians in the NDC? The battle is no longer for babies
- Upcoming referendum ‘a very useless exercise’ – Sammy Gyamfi insists
- Only a fool doesn’t change his mind – Sammy Gyamfi on NDC’s referendum U-turn
- Insensitive, nepotistic Akufo-Addo govt stealing from Ghanaians – Sammy Gyamfi
- Sinohydro a very good deal – Allotey Jacobs
- Apologise or face us in court for slandering Gabby Otchere-Darko – Aide to Sammy Gyamfi
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- SHS headteachers, officials of GES now in bed with failed NPP govt – NDC cries out
- ‘We’ve evidence NPP is training thugs at Asutuare for election 2020’ – NDC
- I’m not a zombie to Akufo-Addo – Allotey Jacobs
- My heart still beats for the NDC – Allotey Jacobs
- ‘Financiers crippling’ Akufo-Addo’s corruption fight – Allotey Jacobs
- Akufo-Addo more than honest; not corrupt – Allotey Jacobs
- NDC leaders should move to ‘massage the grounds’ for Kwakye Ofosu – Allotey Jacobs
- Financial Sector Clean Up: Bank of Ghana approach insensitive, callous – Sammy Gyamfi
- Allotey Jacobs flaunts beautiful granddaughters
- Akufo-Addo has reduced Nduom from ‘edwumawura’ to ‘efiewura’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- Future NDC government will prosecute Hawa Koomson – Sammy Gyamfi
- Akufo-Addo’s government full of ‘braggarts’ and ‘talkatives’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- I hope you have ‘balls’, I’m ready to meet you in court – Sammy Gyamfi dares NPP Chair
- VIDEO: NPP’s Nana B Slaps NDC’s Sammy Gyamfi During A Live Studio Discussion In The Studio Of Asempa FM
- NAM 1 sponsored Akufo-Addo’s 2016 campaign – NDC claims
- Nana Addo Is A ‘Visionless’ President ─ Sammy Gyamfi
- Dumsor: Shut up and fix the mess – Allotey Jacobs to Energy Minister
- Sammy Gyamfi beats Fred Agbenyo for NDC Communication Director position