You Don’t Go To Church On Sundays? No Worries; ICGC Introduces New Method for Paying Offering From Home.
International Central Gospel Church (ICGC) which is headed by the founder Dr. Mensa Otabil, has introduced a new method of paying offering which has got social media talking.
The new method introduced by the church was advertised on the official twitter handle of media giant, Joy News on Sunday, 29th July 2018.
According to the ad post by Joy News, members of ICGC who could not make it to church on sundays could still pay their offering through an online bill payment platform, ExpressPay.
In other words, people do not need to be in the church to give offering to the Lord and can do so simply by sending their offering through the ExpressPay app to the church’s bank account. ExpressPay is available on the Web, Android and iOS.
Since the post went viral, many have criticized the leadership of the church, headed by Pastor Mensa Otabil of running the church like a business organisation whose motive is to make money rather than win souls for Christ.
There are some who are also of the view that there is nothing wrong with the new payment method introduced by ICGC as we live in a digital age and such practices are bound to become the norm sooner or later.
This is not the first time ICGC has been in the news for offering and money related scandals as exactly a year ago in July 2017, they were condemned by the public for making a price list for special prayer requests. Read Mensa Otabil’s response to critics.
The church takes full advantage of technological advancement as it also accepts donations through MTN Mobile Money and its official website.
ICGC has a fair refund policy that allows donors to request for refunds within two days of making donations.
Greater Works, the church’s annual event that brought about the Special Offering saga comes off this year from July 30 to August 3, 2018 at the Independence Square, Accra.
Mensa Otabil would be joined by other millionare preachers Matthew Ashimolowo, Tudor Bismark and Mike Okonkwo.
- Afia Schwarzenegger ‘dumps’ Dr. Mensa Otabil to Stand with Poor Ghanaians
- REVEALED: How Dr. Mensah Otabil Reportedly Dished out GHC130M of GHC610M BoG Cash to his Brother-In-Law
- Top 10 Entertainment News Websites in Ghana
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- Ghana’s first discount coupons website launched by Coupons Technologies
- Ex-Sports Minister details how Ghana used ‘juju’ to beat Egypt 6-1 in 2013
- People Are Paying To Play Online Games That Encourage Them To Save
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Africa Stand Up! The Movement To Unite African Musicians To Compete The World Is Here – “The Taste of Afrika”
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Asamoah Gyan quits international football
- Lucy Quist resigns from Normalisation Committee post
- 5 in 10; the journey so far
- Dortmund appoint Otto Addo as assistant coach
- Black Stars to hold training camp in Abu Dhabi
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- Trabzonspor to open negotiations with Leeds over Ekuban
- Badu rules himself out of AFCON 2019
- Partey committed to Atletico Madrid amidst transfer rumours
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Ghana’s two angels: An insult to their congregations
- SECURITY ALERT: Prophet Stephen Kwadwo Adom – a threat to public safety
- CUSTOMER CARE: Is Opportunity International Savings and Loans next to Midlands?
- Death and the politics of tribute in Ghana: Focusing on the Akan
- Honourable but not honest
- Did Dr. Otabil Indeed Play No Role In the Collapse of Capital Bank?
- Menzgold – Joy News’ Laughable So Called Visit to Menzgold’s London Office