Ghana’s Kadri Mohammed has disclosed rejecting an offer to naturalize for Russia in order to ply his career with the Black Stars of Ghana.
According to the center-back, he was approached to switch nationality to enhance his chances of trading with the Russian national teams but refused.
“Yes it’s true, I have been approached by the Russians to naturalize for them but I love Ghana and I want to play for Ghana”.
“The rumour got to me at one of our training sessions that I have agreed to play for Russia through my teammates in Russia.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“I had to ask our club interpreter who then informed me that, their association is reporting that I have agreed to naturalize for them to play for the national team”, he said.
“However, l said no, because I love Ghana and besides am not a Russian. I am not ready to naturalise for any country in the world. Ghana is where am from and nothing can make me decide to switch nationality”.
Kadri Mohammed over the week was named in the Russian Premier League Team of the Month for March following a stellar performance. He played all four games in the month of March for FC Arsenal Tula ensuring they go unbeaten.
Mohammed has been a key cog for his side so far this season and is tipped to make a move to a top European side in the summer.
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Special Competition: Karela United Whip Hearts Of Oak
- Special Competition: Eleven Wonders 0-3 Asante Kotoko – Porcupine Warriors return to winning ways
- I won’t naturalize for Russia – Kadri Mohammed pledges his allegiance to Ghana
- Atletico Madrid places €80 million as Thomas Partey’s price tag
- Barca coach disappointed in Kevin Boateng’s attitude to training
- Ghana can win 2019 AFCON without me – Gyan
- Bring back Muntari, KP Boateng – Alhaji Grusah
- Real Madrid consider shock move for Thomas Partey
- Sheep disrupt Liberty Prof. vrs Dwarfs game
- AFCON 2019: Egyptian Embassy To Assist Ghanaian Fans Ahead Of Tournament
- Inter star Kwadwo Asamoah delighted by ‘important’ win against Genoa
- Special Competition matchday 2 wrap: Sharks shoot down Hearts as Liberty humiliate Dwarfs
- Ghana moves three places up in latest FIFA rankings
- Team Dogboe cautions US Embassy
- Evans Mensah climbs from bench to grab brace as HJK Helsinki start Finnish League with victory
- Ghana defender Nicholas Opoku impresses as Udinese hold AC Milan in serie A
- Majeed Waris recovers from injury, travels with Nantes side to face PSG in French Cup
- Columbus Crew ace Harrison Afful suffers broken jawn 100th MLS cap; ruled out for SIX weeks
- Black Queens captain Elizabeth Addo elated after joining Chinese side Jiangsu Suning
- Man United target Thomas Partey features as Atletico Madrid close gap on Barcelona in La Liga
- KP Boateng will leave Barcelona at the end of the season
- Andre Ayew determined to win AFCON title
- Anthony Annan neglects kids; wife cries for help
- Black Stars Denied Hotel Access
- CAF CONFEDERATION CUP: Kotoko Fall To Zesco; Eliminated In Group Stage
- Asamoah Named As Manager of Schalke 04
- FIFA Approves A New 24 Team Club World Cup
- UEFA Champions League quarter-final draw: Manchester City face Tottenham, Barclelona play Man United
- Hearts of Oak CEO Mark Noonan resigns