Former President John Mahama has said his next government, should he win the 2020 general elections, will complete all uncompleted projects started by the Akufo-Addo government.
Mr Mahama, who said he would govern with dedication and truthfulness decried the manner in which projects started under him have been abandoned by the Akufo-Addo administration.
Speaking as the special guest of honour at the 75th-anniversary celebration of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana at Adutor in the Volta Region, Mr Mahama said he will not repeat the sins of the current administration since such action deprived the country and the citizens of much-needed development.
It is a waste of the taxpayers’ money, he told the congregation in the South Tongu Constituency and urged them to choose truth over deception in next year’s general elections.
This is not the first time Mr Mahama, who is the 2020 flag bearer of the main opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has complained of the neglect of his handiwork.
Earlie this month, Mr Mahama said that all the infrastructural projects he started which were not completed before he left, have come to a halt.
“It is a pity”, he told market women and party supporters in Sogakope in the Volta Region during one of his tours, bemoaning: “Everything that we started has come to a standstill”.
“I go round the country and most of the roads; where we left them on 7 January 2017, that is where the roads have ended.
“All the community-based secondary schools, where we left them on 7 January 2017, that is where they have ended.”, Mr Mahama observed, stressing: “All the projects have come to a standstill because the NDC left office, the community secondary schools have come to a standstill. All the road projects have come to a standstill”.
“And the tragedy”, he noted, “Is, if you ask the New Patriotic Party (NPP): ‘What are they doing about the road?’ they will say free SHS. If you ask about the CHPS compound, they will say we have given you free SHS. When you ask about jobs, they will say we have given you free SHS”, Mr Mahama said.
- Nepotism: I have more qualified relatives – Mahama fires Akufo-Addo
- Mahama handed me an economy in dire straits – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama commends Akufo-Addo for completing Adaklu SHS
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package
- Akufo-Addo and his government want to remove ‘fearless’ Domelevo – Asiedu Nketia
- Akufo-Addo to cut sod on Sunday for the construction of Kumasi Film Village
- Akufo-Addo to use 2nd AFAG petition to order Domelevo to ‘step aside’ – NDC blows alarm
- Akufo-Addo gov’t, catholic bishops & CSOs in corruption war
- Akufo-Addo personally supports NPP boys insults on his critics – A Plus alleges
- Afenyo Markin reveals how Akufo-Addo personally views Auditor General
- Government will be humiliated at referendum – Chamber of local governance
- Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II visits Mahama
- Advise Akufo-Addo to withdraw referendum – Dan Botwe urged
- I have no issue with Mahama – Rawlings
- Rawlings debunks alleged bad blood with Mahama
- Ghanaians yet to see no-nonsense leadership from Akufo-Addo – Serwaa Amihere
- Mahama challenges government to fix hardships
- Pathological liars, shame on you – Minority to Akufo-Addo, Ofori-Atta
- ‘Akufo-Addo’s ambulances’ to be distributed in 2020
- Ghana being ruled by ‘fools’ – Odike fumes
- Address issue of high interest rates – Akufo-Addo to BoG
- Manasseh’s book on Mahama’s ‘second coming’ out in 3 weeks
- President cuts sod for railway projects in Volta Region
- Nana Asante Bediatuo’s mother, father, sister, brother in President’s family & friends
- Akufo-Addo the ‘most nepotistic leader in the world’ – NDC
- Mahama winning a second term will be punishment from God – Akufo-Addo
- Mahama has no record, policies to defend, only bankruptcy – Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo travels with about 50 vehicles to the Volta Region
- Akufo-Addo begins two day tour of Volta Region today
- God brought NPP so Ghanaians can appreciate NDC – Mahama