Charismatic Ghanaian actor turned politician, John Dumelo says it would be “unfair” for him to bow out of the movie industry if he enters Parliament.
The political aspirant who is eyeing the National Democratic Congress seat for the Ayawaso West Wuogon constituency held that it was acting that made him who he is today.
In an interview on TV3 NewDay on Friday, Dumelo contended that there were so many parliamentarians who were still practicing law or medicine. “Of course there will be one or two times where I will still offer advice in the acting industry, maybe I can still do one or two [movies] because it is part of me.”
He explained, “certain careers you just don’t hang your boots, there is always an aspect of it that follows you in life.”
The actor would not wade into the “bloody widow” tag that was labelled on NPP MP for Ayawaso West Wuogon, Lydia Alhassan who won a by-election in January this year that turned bloody.
“I feel like I will not comment on that issue…it happed, some people in the NDC said it is fair, other people said it was not. I am just neutral.”
He promised to “campaign with a clean heart and that is what will lead me to victory. I don’t campaign calling people names. It will not add a vote.”
John Dumelo has an acting career that spans more than 15 years. His first recognition as an actor came in 2009 when He won Joy FM’s Best Ghanaian Actor.
His intention to be a politician was not devoid of controversy. The actor made political news when he was accused of keeping a government Toyota Land Cruiser, which became the V8 saga.
- John Dumelo pushes ‘borla’ truck for votes
- Dumelo pushes for twice a week wearing of ‘Ghana clothes,’ says it will create jobs
- Nadia Buari plays with John Dumelo’s son on his birthday
- I’ve plans to establish something like Silicon Valley in Ghana – John Dumelo
- I am bankrupt – John Dumelo cries
- What Dumelo told Samini after he called on him to change the narrative
- Go and change the narrative – Samini tells Dumelo
- John Dumelo starts campaigning for 2020 elections
- NDC Primaries: 3 actors who won in their constituencies
- Dumelo’s wife calls fan a ‘witch’ over wedding photo with her in-laws
- Is it your breast? – John Dumelo angrily jabs fan over wife’s sagging boobs
- Why Yvonne Nelson did not attend John Dumelo’s wedding
- All set for Dumelo’s white wedding; see photos from his wife’s bachelorette party
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ghanaian celebrities who have been accused of sexual misconduct
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- Will Ghanaians love for John Dumelo translates into votes amidst V8 saga?
- Ghanaians who became celebrities because they married or dated celebrities
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Gify Mawunya was destined to marry John Dumelo and this is why
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- Local rice cheaper than imported ones – Journalist schools John Dumelo
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono