Member of Parliament (MP) for Assin Central, Kennedy Ohene Agyapong, has explained why he will never forgive former president, Jerry John Rawlings.
The outspoken legislator has been a strong critic of Rawlings in recent times, having not forgotten some past deeds of the ex-military leader.
In a recent interview, Mr. Agyapong is reported to have rained curse words at Rawlings, saying he will “suffer to glorify the name of God”.
The controversial MP has now opened up on why he feels bitter towards Rawlings and why he will never forgive the NDC founder.
Speaking on Adom TV’s Badwam show, Mr. Agyapong said Rawlings’ 31st December Coup d’etat affected his half-Ghanaian half-Nigerian mother so much that she suffered hypertension.
He explained that Rawlings brought pain to innocent people by bullying and supervising the burning of cedi notes.
“Why will I ever forgive Rawlings?” the MP quizzed.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“1981 when he embarked on a coup on December 31, my mother half Akuapim, half Nigerian resident at Alajo and her husband. They brought a truckload of goods from Nigeria one bank Nigerian National Supply Commission (NNSC) they had in stock milk, roofing sheets, led bags, buckets and others.”
In what was a long rant, the maverick lawmaker added:
“When they come and sell all these things when the man is returning back to Nigeria he leaves the items with my mum to be selling. After Rawlings’ coup the woman could not take the money to the bank for fear of being killed that day… they may ask where she got that money from. My stepfather is still alive you can verify from him at East Legon.
“Rawlings supervised the burning of Ghana cedis and that was the beginning of my mother’s hypertension. If I knew my mother was going to be struck by a hypertension of a future Ghana we will not hear…Corruption! Today what do we see? As Allotey said, President Kufuor on assumption of office healed the country but that does not mean that if someone knows something the person cannot voice it.”
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Inspire People By Helping Those In Need
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- Why Haven’t The Ghana Police Arrested Kennedy Agyapong?
- Mastermind: How Rev. Obofuor Tactically Silenced Kennedy Agyapong
- Kennedy Agyapong must apologise to Ghanaians for wasting our time
- Can Kennedy Agyapong swallow his pride and apologise to Kweku Baako as the court has ordered?
- Tit For Tat: Asaase Radio and other businesses owned by NPP bigwigs that NDC is likely to collapse if they win power
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- Kennedy Agyapong to takeover King Faisal
- ‘You’re an ugly attention-seeking bitch’ – Kennedy Agyapong fires Afia Schwarzenegger
- I like John Mahama – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Put ‘mad’ Kennedy Agyapong on suicide watch – Kevin Taylor begs
- J.B. Danquah Adu was killed because he had naked pictures of Mahama – Ken Agyapong alleges
- We are sweating because of Atta Akyea – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Kennedy Agyapong strips Kevin Taylor naked before Ghanaians in Germany
- IMF, World Bank praises won’t win you 2020 polls – Ken Agyapong warns-Akufo Addo
- NPP communicators are too hungry – Kennedy Agyapong
- NPP bigwigs grabbing everything – Kennedy Agyapong blows alarm
- I’ll contract women to beat you – Kennedy Agyapong tells Badu Kobi
- Boycott loans from Ghanaian Banks – Kennedy Agyapong advises Ghanaian traders
- NAM 1 has shamed Kennedy Agyapong – Maurice Ampaw
- Stop hailing ‘hypocrite’ Rawlings – Kennedy Agyapong
- ‘Evil’ Ghanaian journalists now tin gods – Kennedy Agyapong cries
- Beg Kennedy Agyapong now or you’ll regret in 2020 – Owusu Bempah warns NPP
- Kennedy Agyapong will not respond to your ‘useless’ demand – Spokesperson to Hannah Bissiw