Former President John Dramani Mahama has stated emphatically that his government never made any attempt to sell the Komenda sugar factory.
This statement by the former president is contrary to claims by the Minister of Trade and Industry Alan Kyerematen that the erstwhile administration had wanted to sell the factory.
Speaking to the media after touring the Komenda sugar factory, Mr. Mahama said his government only sought to establish a Public Private Partnership agreement (PPP) to help the factory function properly.
“The whole project was being financed by the Indian EXIM, and so they released a first loan to build a factory and after the factory has been built, to test and commission it…
“The loan from the Indian EXIM is still available, so all the government needed to do was to take that money and implement the second phase of the project, and once they had done that, this factory will be running.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“But we accept that we do not have expertise for sugar production and sugar growing so what we did was to put out an advert and we said any country or any company that has the expertise should come and partner with us under what we call a PPP.
“We were not selling the factory, it was a PPP arrangement. The intention was not to sell the factory… this is an investment the government made and we can get the expertise to make it work,” the former president stated.
He therefore urged government to go for the loan provided by the India EXIM and get the sugar factory running.
- 5 Promises John Mahama has made that we cannot trust
- 7 Promises by John Mahama that we can confidently trust
- The Death Of Atta Mills: Who bails the cat?
- Is John Mahama on a promising spree because he still believes Ghanaians have short memory?
- What Prof. Jane Naana Opoku has in common with past running mates that should scare the NPP
- Prof. Jane Naana Opoku? The Pros and cons put NDC in a tight corner
- Where are all the senior politicians in the NDC? The battle is no longer for babies
- John Mahama’s running mate announcement, and other important events coronavirus has affected
- Why John Mahama is bent on reversing the Public Universities Bill
- Analysis of the choice of Mahama’s running mate and its political consequences for the NDC
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- All what you need to know about the Universities Bill and why John Mahama has vowed to cancel it
- Can John Mahama win the elections with the same Green Book he lost with?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Election 2020: John Mahama or Nana Akufo-Addo?
- This is why Mahama is losing the 2020 elections
- Why President Nana Akufo-Addo will lose the 2020 General Elections to John Mahama easily
- Why John Mahama Would Win 2020 Elections
- Why one of these 3 would be John Mahama’s running mate
- Why the NDC Should Not Present Mahama as Presidential Candidate Amidst Airbus Scandal
- Akufo-Addo and John Mahama shamed by international media
- Nana Akomea jabs Mahama at Manasseh’s book launch
- John Mahama wrote his resignation before Mills died – Manasseh’s book reveals
- Mahama rejects PNC’s referendum ‘NO’ vote stance
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- I used 3 meetings to convince Mahama in 2005 to accept presidency – Bagbin
- 10 people Mahama will not choose as running mate for 2020 Poll
- Akufo-Addo has improved Ghanaians living standards – Rev Owusu Bempah
- Don’t impose your cultures on us – Mahama
- AWW violence will be repeated on a larger scale in 2020 – Mahama