Local movie industry acting sensation, Stephen Atanga, popularly called Don Little has provided insight into how movie producers treat up and coming actors who are yet to establish themselves in the industry.
Don Little lamented he has been ‘used and dumped’ several times by movie producers who request for his services but refuse to honour their part of the agreement.
This, he suggests, has rendered him financially challenged and at some point virtually bankrupt.
“I have nothing” he cried out.
In an episode of ‘uncut with Zionfelix’ monitored by ABC News Ghana the actor observed that the situation appears to be a norm perpetrated by several high profile movie producers and directors in the country.
“You work and they do not pay us. They want to use us for free. If you go and work for somebody, they don’t pay. How will I have money? If people see me outside, they think I have money but I don’t have nothing,” he lamented in the interview monitored by ABC News Ghana.
Describing how these producers go about their cunning act, Don little said the producers often call him to act in their movies and give him money for transportation after shooting as payment.
“They then drag their feet when you request for payment for work done and threaten to cut you out of subsequent productions if you insist on getting your due. They cite how they have neglected more accomplished actors in the past, a claim that suggests they are more than ready to let go of you,” Don Little added.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“If he calls you and says come and do my movie for me. If you go they will use you and give you fare(transportation). If you speak they will tell you that even Agya Koo and Akrobeto have gone through similar ordeals” he recounted.
The now famous actor easily identified by his height and ‘tiny’ voice will however not name names despite the several allegations he has made.
“For those directors who claim to pay my colleagues after working for them maybe they were cursed to do so” he sarcastically responded to a question on why some other actors get paid for their roles in the movies of some of the producers he speaks of.
He recounted an incident where he was forced to share one hotel room with two other colleagues.
“Directors refer to us as half beings and so see no need to arrange for separate rooms for us. They even apportion spaces within the room among the three of us. If you disobey their directives they will defame you on social media and tag you ignorant,” Don Little said in the interview with Zionfelix.
Don Little says his growth in the movie industry is largely based on the assistance of popular actor and comedian, Funny Face.
Don Little, who is challenged with height, says he has a long way to go in the movie industry, however, the unfair treatment meted out to up and coming actors like him derails their progress and makes them miss opportunities.
- Fans’ motivation only reason I’m still acting – Don Little
- I now drink Gari soakings to survive – Don Little speaks after MOMO fraudsters duped him of GHC15,000 (VIDEO)
- Ghanaian celebrities who use Uber
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities Who Are Still Stranded Abroad
- Actress Vicky Zugah denies marriage rumours
- My 9-month-old daughter has two endorsement deals – McBrown
- I broke up with David Dontoh because I couldn’t give birth for him – Maame Dokono
- Ladies will go after my man if I disclose his identity – Emelia Brobbey
- Vicky Zugah set to tie the knot On December 28
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- Why Nadia Buari wept at Dumelo’s wedding
- Edey bee k3k3’ actor laments ‘blacklist’ after support for Mahama in 2016
- Efia Odo slams critics after her 4Syte MVAs red carpet look went viral
- Rev Owusu Bempah donates Gh5000 to Psalm Adjetefio
- We are not taking over the jobs of TV Presenters and musicians – Emelia Brobbey
- It’s not okay for a man to go down on his knees to propose to a lady – Pete Edochie
- Did Vivian Jill Secretly Get Married In this New Photo?
- Psalm Adjetefio appeals for funds to undergo heart surgery
- Fans putting too much pressure on us – Belinda Dzattah
- Prioritise protection of Atewa Forest – American actor
- We made black comedy what it is today – Steve Harvey
- I might move into politics – Rahim Banda
- Begging Nana Ama Mcbrown doesn’t mean I lied about what she did – Rosemond Brown
- A Plus is right; NPP is a violent and an intolerant party – Lydia Forson
- Some Hollywood movies ‘rubbish’ – Yvonne Okoro
- I won’t put my nudes on social media – Martha Ankomah
- I’m not a Christan and I don’t use the Bible – Efia Odo
- Genevieve Nnaji’s ‘Lionheart’ disqualified from Oscar race
- Mmebusem will go blind and die for ridiculing Jesus – Prophet