Investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, had a hand in the appointment of the current Inspector General of Police, Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong, has alleged.
The controversial legislator said he is not surprised that the police are yet to invite Anas over the murder of Tiger Eye PI journalist, Ahmed Hussein-Saule.
According to Mr. Agyapong, Anas is holding the hierarchy of the police to ransom, further alleging that the undercover journalist vetted and appointed the current IGP, David Asante-Apeatu.
Speaking on Net2 TV, the MP said the police are afraid of Anas and that is why they have still not interrogated him. “I’m not surprised that the police has not invited Anas, because they are afraid of him,” Mr. Agyapong said.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“Anas was the one who interviewed candidates to become the IGP. Can you imagine if he is the one who recommended the current IGP, what can the IGP do to him?”
The Assin Central MP further stated that the actions of the police have led to the public not trusting them.
According to him, there are many people with information against Anas but have refused to talk due to their distrust in the police.
“I have a lot of people who have information, but they say they will never give it to the police. They said they don’t trust the police because Anas controls them.
“The police can send a letter to the Speaker of Parliament requesting to interrogate me, but they’ve never called Anas because he appointed the IGP.
“He appointed this one, the current IGP was interviewed by him. I’m not scared of anybody because this is a life and death matter,” Mr. Agyapong added.
- We Have No Forensic Artists To Draw Ahmed’s Killers – Police
- Anas’ Location When Ahmed Suale Was Killed Revealed
- Kennedy Agyapong Rains Insults On Family Of Late Ahmed For Siding With Anas
- Ahmed’s Murder: Ignore Kennedy Agyapong’s Ghc100,000 Bounty – Family Tells Ghanaians
- Ahmed’s Murder: Anas Presents ‘Concrete’ Evidence To Police
- Ask Me Intelligent Questions And Stop The Rubbish – Kennedy Agyapong ‘Fires’ BBC Reporter
- Police ‘Picks Up’ Anas Over Ahmed’s Death
- I’ll Honour Ahmed With A ‘Huge Story’ That’ll Shake Nations – Anas
- VIDEO: Anas Speaks On Allegations That He Killed Ahmed
- Ahmed’s death: Ex Tiger Eye PI staff ‘fingers’ Anas’ wife in Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- Kwesi Nyantakyi ‘hot’ over Anas’ key partner, Ahmed’s death
- Kennedy Agyapong likely to be banned from the US over Ahmed’s gruesome murder
- AHMED’S MURDER: Eyewitness account on how the unknown gunmen killed Ahmed
- AHMED’S MURDER: Investigations shouldn’t be focused on Kennedy Agyapong only – Criminologist
- I have not been arrested by the Police CID – Kennedy Agyapong
- BREAKING NEWS: Police CID ‘picks up’ Kennedy Agyapong over the murder of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed
- How ‘Anas’ cover was allegedly blown in TseAdo land-guards operation
- Kennedy Agyapong vindicated about Anas?
- SHOCKING: Unedited Version Of Anas’ Expose’ Reveals He Forces Money On People As Gifts And Secretly Films Them – VIDEO
- Police Arrest 6 Persons In Connection With Ahmed’s Murder
- VIDEO: Kennedy Agyapong Exposes Anas With “Who Watches The Watchman” Part 2
- This Is Why Anas Employed The Late Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ahmed’s Death: I Have No Trust In Ghana Police; I’m Doing My Own Investigations – Kennedy Agyapong
- Kennedy Agyapong Promises To Gift GHS100,000 To Anyone Having Information About Ahmed’s Killers
- Ahmed’s DEATH: Fingerprint Experts Engaged By Police Over Ahmed’s Murder
- 6 stunning facts about Anas’ murdered partner, Ahmed Suale you never knew
- Anas’ boys dragged me to an uncompleted building and threatened me with a pistol – Former Tiger Eye PI employee reveals
- We did our best to protect Ahmed – Family reveals
- PHOTOS: Anas dedicates international award for Number 12 expose’ to murdered Ahmed
- Killers of Anas’ key partner, Ahmed identified – MP reveals