Ewe rap proponent, Edem has said he does not envy Sakodie’s success in the music industry and the things he has achieved.
Speaking to Amansan Krakye on Radio Central based in Cape Coast, Edem who bemoaned the fact that radio presenters have made it a habit to promote only Twi songs and ignore the other languages, said he does not envy Sarkodie and other artists who sing in Twi.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“I don’t envy my colleagues who use Twi at all. I have been on the BET cypher but Sarkodie won it so thumbs up to him, I have been on MTV Base and all the other big platforms”.
Edem further implored radio presenters to help promote songs made in other languages apart from Twi.
“We need to promote those who sing using Nzema, Ga, Hausa and not only once in a while. Maybe you as radio presenter, you don’t even have a Wiyaala song in your playlist for today but she does very good songs and that’s what I’m talking about,” he added.
- Don Jazzy Reacts To FAVOUR By Edem Featuring Efya And Sarkodie (Photo)
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- Brand Nu Y3 SARK: Checkout Sarkodie’s Classic Red Carpet Look To The 2019 MTN 4Syte Music Video Awards
- I’m not ready to rap in English – Sarkodie
- The minister saying Sarkodie is the artiste selling Ghana the most is wrong – Bulldog
- Sarkodie named ambassador for Year of Return
- I didn’t go to Sarkodie’s concert because he didn’t invite me – Shatta Wale
- It is wrong to ban celebrities from endorsing alcoholic drinks – Edem
- Sista Afia is just dope – Sarkodie
- Sarkodie features Idris Elba and Donaeo on Party N Bullshit
- My all time best rapper is Tinny – Edem
- Yaa Pono names his six friends in the music industry
- Yvonne Nelson and Nana Aba Anamoah ‘clash’ over Obrafour and Sarkodie
- Ghana’s Sarkodie makes history at 2019 BET Hip Hop Awards
- Shatta Wale beats Stonebwoy, Sarkodie at 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK
- How Ghanaian Entertainers reacted to Sarkodie’s BET win
- My ‘Toto’ song is a big hit although the media labelled it profane’ – Edem
- Kanye West’s Producer congratulates Sarkodie for getting a nomination in BET Hip Hop Awards
- I have the most loyal fan base in Ghana’ – Sarkodie
- Mr Eazi and Sarkodie accused of song theft
- Charging underground artistes for music features not wrong – Sarkodie
- I’ve tried for years to get Sarkodie on a song – Frustrated eShun cries out
- Should Sarkodie be studied as a course? Industry players argue
- Teach ‘Sarkodie’ in schools – Hammer
- I’ll love a collaboration with Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Sarkodie – Bro Sammy
- Nothing wrong with Medikal bragging he saved Ghana’s rap – Sarkodie
- I was paid 20 cedis for Azonto Fiesta with Sarkodie and Appietus – Kesse
- VIDEO: Sarkodie – Lucky ft Rudeboy (P Square)
- Ice Prince tells story of when Beyonce greeted Sarkodie at BET
- Is Beyoncé your queen? – Shatta Wale ‘angrily’ asks Sarkodie