Talented producer and professional sound engineer Shawers Ebiam has finally open up on the issue of Possigee stealing his song.
It was was rumored that, Shawers was accusing Possigee of stealing Shatta Wale’s ‘Ayoo’ beat.
Possigee upon hearing it, refuted claims he stole a beat from colleague producer Shawers Ebiem.
But in an interview on SVTV Africa, Shawers told host DJ Nyaami, he gave the beat personally to Posigee to give it out to any artiste that can fit on it. “I went to Posigee’s studio to give the beat to him to listen and if he’s cool with it, he should give it to any artiste. After listening, he made a call and then sent the beat via email”
Shawers furthered that, after the song was released by Shatta Wale, even though, it was Posigee’s name that was mentioned and not him, he never accused Posigee of stealing his beat. “When Shatta released the song, Posigee didn’t call to tell me, I had to call him to confirm it. But I told him it’s fine. I never said anything, I wasn’t hurt by doing that but if he goes on any interview, then he is saying, I accused him of stealing my beat, tarnishing my image”
In addition to this, Shawers noted that, Posigee came to his studio with some group of people, who wanted to find out about the same thing. He pointed out that, he used the opportunity to apologized to his godfather, Posigee. “The last time, he came to my studio with some squad, a group of people. they wanted to find out about this same issue. People were holding their phones and all that, in the midst of that, I knelt down and apologized to him. I knelt down because he is senior brother, aside that, he is my senior in the game so I can’t disrespect him no matter what”
Shawers further noted that, Shatta Wale called him at some point to find out what was going on, he explained things to him and told exactly what happened. Shatta then told him to forget about everything and move forward.
He added, Shatta then sent him his email address for future works.
Shawez Ebiam has produced some hit songs including Shatta Wale’s ‘Dem Confuse’, ‘Ghamro’, Donzy’s ‘You and the Devil’ just to mention a few.
- I was once a victim of love potion – Music producer
- I got my name from Sarkodie – Posigee
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz