Kuami Eugene, the ‘Highlife Artiste of the Year’ at the recently held Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs) has nullified claims by critics that he planned with Amakye Dede to crown him the king of Highlife at the star-studded event.
You all remember how Amakye Dede put a crown on Eugene’s head amidst ‘incantations’ whilst the audience looked on in surprise at the auditorium of the just ended VGMAs. The issue has since generated a lot of buzz on the internet with some questioning the real motive behind the ‘fake coronation’ they enacted on stage.
Some have explained that it wasn’t right because it sent signals of disrespect to other Highlife artistes who emerged and were making waves than Kuami Eugene in the past two years. Some believed Bisa K’dei deserved the honour than Kuami Eugene and others went ahead to say the whole crowning incident was planned to hype Kuami Eugene.
Others have also questioned who crowned Amakye Dede king of Ghana Highlife for him to crown someone else.
“It was a good feeling and performing with Amakye Dede was a blessing. With the crown, it is also a blessing upon my life. I think it’s a negative vibe to say he was forced. Why can’t we appreciate goodness when it happens,” the Angela hitmaker queried.
Kuami Eugene, who wasn’t bothered by critics, said he deserved the praise from the veteran highlife musician, Amakye Dede because he had worked hard over the years.
“I’ve won ‘Highlife Artiste of the Year’ back-to-back. Let me say that alone proves I am doing highlife well. I do live performances too and if I have been crowned Highlife act of the new era, I don’t think there is anything bad about it,” he explained.
- Who crowned Amakye Dede highlife king for him to crown Kuami Eugene’? – Social media users ask
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- FIFA 19 challenge: KiDi embarrasses Kuami Eugene again
- Never compare Bisa Kdei to KiDi, Kuami Eugene – Mr logic
- Kidi breaks silence on Amakye Dede crowning Kuami Eugene ‘Future Highlife King
- VGMAs 2019: Sarkodie crowned Artiste of the Decade
- Bright tips Kuami Eugene to win VGMA Artiste of the year
- “I Send Songs To Some Big Industry Players For Criticisms And Corrections Before Releasing” – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Tributes to Amakye Dede
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?