Ghana Coach Kwesi Appiah will make just few additions to his final squad for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations tournament in Egypt.
Appiah has a fair idea of players selected for the tournament with just two months to go.
The Ghanaian tactician claims he is almost done with his selection ahead of competition which remains a big target for Ghana to win having failed to clinch the title in the past 37 years.
“I should say I know about 98 percent of the players [who will be going to the Afcon],” Appiah told Asempa FM.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
“We keep monitoring players because along the line, there might be injuries and sicknesses.
“All that we’re praying for is that our players are all fully fit with no injuries because as I speak, Harrison [Afful] has a broken jaw.
“[There are] some few other players I know have problems [in the form of] small injuries.”
Daniel Amartey and captain Asamoah Gyan are nursing injuries with Amartey’s situation currently unknown hence could miss out in the competition.
The return of Hibernian winger Thomas Agyepong from injury could further give Kwesi Appiah more options to settle with.
- Kwesi Appiah names 29-man provisional squad for AFCON
- He is not good enough’ – Alhaji Grusah’s verdict on Kwasi Appiah
- AFCON Qualifiers: Kwasi Appiah sheds light on game plan in South Africa win
- Kwesi Appiah defends decision to play Alfred Duncan on left wing against South Africa
- 2021 AFCON qualifiers: Kwesi Appiah drops Asamoah Gyan, three others for South Africa game
- Coach Kwesi Appiah has fallen below standard – Fred Pappoe
- Kwesi Appiah has not met the required standards – Fred Pappoe
- Five Dutch players want to feature for Ghana – Coach Kwesi Appiah
- Kwesi Appiah reveals five Holland-born players want to play for Black Stars
- Kwesi Appiah submits names of new technical members to NC
- Orange-Liberia, Making Liberians Feel Part of 2019 AFCON
- Ghana fail to beat Benin in AFCON opener
- Madagascar hold Guinea in historic AFCON game
- Kwesi Appiah announces final 23-man squad for AFCON
- Black Stars lose to Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly
- Ghana to play Namibia in pre-AFCON friendly on Sunday
- Cameroon eligible to play at AFCON after CAS dismissed Comoros case
- Black Stars held their first training in Dubai
- Guinea name injured Naby Keïta in provisional squad for AFCON
- President Akufo-Addo invites Appiah over Gyan’s resignation
- Kwesi Appiah eager to make second AFCON appearance with Ghana
- Kotoko captain Amos Frimpong tips Ghana to progress out of AFCON Group
- Ghanaian referee Daniel Laryea to officiate at AFCON 2019
- Black Stars Management Committee inspect facility in UAE for team’s camping base ahead of AFCON
- Kwesi Appiah hints at possible omission of “unfit” Asamoah Gyan from Black Stars squad for AFCON 2019
- Kwesi Appiah assesses Ghana’s chances
- BREAKING NEWS: Ghana in tricky Group for 2019 AFCON
- WATCH LIVE VIDEO: 2019 Africa Cup of Nations draw in Egypt
- NC boss Dr. Kofi Amoah leads 4-man delegation for 2019 AFCON draw
- OFFICIAL: Ghana not seeded for 2019 AFCON draw