Ms Gloria Akuffo, being part of the Ghana judicial system by virtue of her position as the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, has a major role to play in building a just and prosperous Ghana.
Understandably, without the respect for, and enforcement of, the laws, no country can prosper to the admiration and expectation of her citizens.
Therefore, anyone put in charge of ensuring that laws are enforced and obeyed must be seen to carry the success of the country on their shoulders. They can make or break the country upon the fact prosperity does not thrive in lawlessness and even if it tries to, it is only for the benefit of a few criminals.
Since Ms Gloria Akuffo was appointed to that post, I can personally say without fear or favour that she is underperforming. She does not make many people proud because of her failure to chalk successes to commensurate President Nana Akufo-Addo’s promise to eradicate official corruption from Ghana. She is clearly a misfit in that position as far as I can see.
She is making matters worse by her deliberate attempts to put brakes on the Special Prosecutor. Without her assistance and consent to facilitate the job of the Special Prosecutor, Hon Martin Amidu has been reduced to a public ridicule after all his bravado to deal mercilessly with corrupt politicians and corrupt public servants.
The Attorney General has not made any major prosecutions to endear her to the Ghanaian public. Also, there appears that she is not allowing the Special Prosecutor to do his job. Why is that so? Is she not sabotaging the president without him not knowing?
If she was doing a credible job, why has she or her outfit not been able to seriously prosecute the murder case of the late Member of Parliament Joseph Boakye Danquah Adu and the retrieval of the €47 million (Euros) from Waterville Company of which Alfred Agbesi Woyome, the swindler of 21st Century Ghana is associated? The €47 million was paid illegally to the company hence the Supreme Court pronouncing a judgment in favour of the State (Ghana) to collect the money back from the company.
What at all is she doing in the post of the Attorney General? Did the president make an error of judgment by selecting her for the post because she was once a member of his legal team during the 2012 Supreme Court suit over the election results? Was she appointed on merit or on some “whom you know” modality?
The stagnation in developing Ghana emanates from the scarce resources being embezzled by the politicians and those in the civil service entrusted with power to run services for the collective interests of the citizens. Unless these acts of corruption are stopped, Ghana will never find the needed money to develop the nation. Ghana can only find the money when the corrupt officials are found, prosecuted and convicted to fines or prison terms.
However, here is the case where she who is to ensure that these officials are prosecuted is sitting on her backside doing fuck all but frustrating the Special Prosecutor to render him equally impotent.
As the few criminals continue to steal Ghana money and commit crimes without impunity, with the Attorney General unable to bare her biting teeth at them, lawlessness able to retard the progress of Ghana will forever be the order of the day.
It pains me to see all my efforts made, alongside that of many other Ghanaians’ to bring Nana Addo and NPP to power going up in flames because of incompetent Government appointees, including the Attorney General. Many criminal cases are not being prosecuted at the speed needed to bring sanity into the country to propel Ghana into proper socio-economic development.
So far, the Attorney General is not helping to build, but rather, is sabotaging, the development of Ghana. Under her watch, the crooks have been left off the hook to practise their trade without restrictions or fear.
Many a Ghanaian sees and concludes that His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has failed totally when it comes to fighting corruption. This is all because of a doubtful person appointed as the Attorney General. Could she not be replaced?
- Is COP Nathan Kofi Boakye a policeman of integrity?
- Out of greed, Kwame A-Plus has chosen to be a thorn in the flesh of Akufo-Addo
- A Warning Hint to President Nana Akufo-Addo
- Kevin Taylor must stop his unsubstantiated allegations of criminalities against Ken Agyapong
- Uhuru Kenyatta’s fight against corruption makes Akufo-Addo’s a complete joke!
- Impact of judicial corruption on the socio-economic development of Ghana
- Oh no, Alfred Agbesi Woyome is still walking a free man in Ghana
- Are Ghanaians often proactive or Rreactive?
- Could this gross abuse of power by Asantehene be true?
- Ghana law enforcement agents are blamable for the country’s economic retardation
- Let NPP leaders meddling maliciously in the Kumawu Chieftaincy dispute stop now!
- Not even the announcement of 50% reduction in Import duties can satisfy Ghanaians
- Is Ibrahim Mahama still sauntering on the streets of Ghana as a proud rich man?
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- Is Hawa Koomson’s act a confirmation that the NPP is the most violent political party in Ghana?
- In-depth analysis that shows that Akufo-Addo has won the 2020 elections
- Auditor General Vs The Presidency: Why both should be shown the exit
- Time to do away with retirees as Presidents; Amend the laws to allow the youth to contest
- What Prof. Jane Naana Opoku has in common with past running mates that should scare the NPP
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- NDC has erred: This is why preparing a manifesto without a running mate is a big blunder
- 4 Top Ignorant Politicians in Ghana [OPINION]
- Why one of these 3 would be John Mahama’s running mate
- Dr. Bawumia: The 21st Century Ghanaian Political Messiah?
- Why I blame Reverend Obofour for the death of Apraku My Daughter
- What if the advert that ‘has been vetted and approved by FDA’ hasn’t been vetted and approved by FDA?
- Digitisation: Are Ghanaians losing their jobs to robots?
- Do you know NCCE is still running adverts on the cancelled referendum? The teacher needs a teacher
- #SaveOurData campaign makes no sense; who is forcing you to live in East Legon when Lapaz is cheap?
- How democracy collapsed Ghana