Even before the referee will blow the kickoff whistle, the incumbent President, His Excellency Nana Addo Danquah Akufo Addo, who is seeking his re-election has strategically secured himself over 2 million votes already. This claim is supported by some comments from some deep throats in the ruling party.
Hon. Michael Nsowah, the chairman of the Ghana Education Service Council, said on Kumasi based Angel FM that the party will benefit over 2.4 million votes from the Free Senior High School program alone. The man has vast experience in both education management and politics, so his claim cannot be taken lightly. Better put, you take him as a joke at your own peril.
Portions of his over one hour interview states that “No way; at least the 1.2 million children and their 1.2 million parents would show appreciation; that means we have 2.4 million votes already, but we are not relying on the arithmetic because the constituents on the ground would bear testimony to the changes they have experienced under the Akufo-Addo regime and make a decision”, he said.
His statement will be taken seriously if you follow the testimonies some vulnerable who have benefited from the program have been sharing. The cost of Education has kept so many people who could have been very productive for the country and the globe at large at home. Some of those people who could not have also paid over GHC2000 yearly as fees for their wards will remember the person who made that possible.
One of the campaign strategies of the New Patriotic Party is to paint the picture that, John Dramani Mahama will cancel the program when they win power. They have created enough fear in people to the extent that they would not dare to try the opposition National Democratic Congress who said that the program could not be possible.
John Mahama’s promise that he won’t cancel the program but will make it better cannot be trusted because of his own words. Mahama was speaking at a lecture series organized by the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) at the University of Cape Coast (UCC) on 4th December, 2019 about the program. His statement was clear that he does not believe in the program. “If you are spending all your money on secondary education, and less on tertiary and basic education, then there is something wrong with your educational system. If you have GHS 2 billion to spend on education, will you spend it on Free SHS” he said.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
On 1st May 2018, the president of the Republic made the most significant intervention in the reduction of unemployment in Ghana. It is a known fact that the major cause of insecurity in developing countries in high rates of unemployment even among university and college graduates. President Akufo-Addo launched the Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) which was the vehicle to deliver one hundred thousand (100,000) jobs in seven (7) prioritized areas, defined as the following modules: Educate Ghana; Heal Ghana; Feed Ghana; Revenue Ghana; Digitize Ghana; Enterprise Ghana; and Civic Ghana.
The people who benefited should have completed their national service and are not working as of the time of application. Most of the people who took advantage of the NABCO program were having dependents but have stayed at home for a very long time without any employment and had been languishing in poverty for so many years. One hundred thousand people who have promised to vote for the president cannot be underestimated.
Some of them will also involve themselves in the campaign to ensure that the New Patriotic Party and Nana Addo Danquah Akufo –Addo retain their seat to ensure the safety of their job.
Nurses and Teacher trainees were leading in the Change campaign in 2016 because of their allowance. The John Mahama-led government had cancelled their trainee allowance and told them even if they will vote against them, they were still not going to restore it. Nana Akufo Addo promised them they would restore the trainees’ allowance when they win power. The NPP government has been paying the allowance since 2017, and the trainees will do the needful by thanking him with their votes.
The Government’s figures indicate that they have employed over two hundred thousand teachers and nurses since they took over. These are the people that vote and their support for the NPP government is not in doubt.
Now, take a calculator and do the mathematics.
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- 4 times Nana Addo proved to be a listening President
- Funny things that Akufo-Addo would be forever remembered for
- 5 groups of people who should vote for NPP at all cost
- A Ritual? These Are NPP Bigwigs Who Died In An Election Year
- All the times Nana Akufo-Addo proved that NPP is above the law
- 7 examples that prove that NPP’s leadership is a family affair
- Money or Intelligence, Which one has more power in the NPP?
- Would Akufo-Addo contest again in 2024 should he lose this year’s elections?
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- Akufo-Addo’s free water and electricity, are they for votes or genuine concern?
- Is Hawa Koomson’s act a confirmation that the NPP is the most violent political party in Ghana?
- Why is the President cutting sods for new projects? What if the NDC wins the 2020 elections?
- Why Ashanti Region must show the NPP the exit in the upcoming elections
- Will the final year SHS students thank Akufo-Addo for FSHS or punish him for COVID-19 exposure?
- In-depth analysis that shows that Akufo-Addo has won the 2020 elections
- Akufo-Addo’s cabinet members go missing; sparks rumours of widespread of COVID-19 in the Jubilee House
- Akufo-Addo goes ‘missing’ in isolation; sparks rumours of coronavirus treatment
- NPP repeating NDC’s mistakes as they spend all time on Prof. Jane Naana and ignore John Mahama to walk free
- NPP vs NDC: Who has performed better in the Agricultural sector?
- Auditor General Vs The Presidency: Why both should be shown the exit
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- COVID-19 Fight: Nana Addo And His Appointees Have Failed Ghanaians
- Would NPP allow Bawumia to proceed as a presidential candidate like how Mahama was allowed by NDC?
- The regrets Ghanaians would have should the NPP be voted out of power
- How corruption has dented Akufo-Addo’s high-earned reputation as a listening President
- Mahama’s Projects Nana Addo Has Abandoned, And How They Could Have Saved Ghanaians
- Who is telling lies; The President, Health Minister or Afia Pokua?
- Campaign of infrastructure: Whose legacy, Nana Addo or John Mahama?
- Should everything be launched? The case of the launch of Ghana’s GHS600M stimulus package