The Minister for Tourism, Creative Arts and Culture, Catherine Afeku has expressed shock at the posture of most players in the entertainment industry in Ghana towards the visit of Hollywood stars in Ghana during the Christmas.
Most Holywood Stars spent time in Ghana during the Christmas holidays. They visited various tourist sites in Ghana and took pictures of Ghana which gave the country some form of leverage.
However, some players in the industry believe their visit was not worth it because it didn’t bring anything to Ghana’s Creative Arts Industry neither did it contribute to the growth of Tourism in Ghana.
But speaking on this issue for the first time, Catherine Afeku who is the Minister mentioned that she is shocked people did not see the potential embedded in the visit of the Hollywood stars.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
According to her, they sold Ghana to the outside world and therefore need to be appreciated.
On not collaborating with their colleagues in Ghana, the Minister mentioned that there was no agreement between the Hollywood stars and the creative arts council for that purpose, however, players in the industry should have hustled to get to meet up with these stars from Hollywood.
“If you go to America or London do you look for your colleague movie stars there? Even when you go to Nigeria, do you look for Genevieve? No, why? Because you went there for your business. So if they wanted to meet these stars, they should have hustled and they would have met them,” she told Yvonne Okoro.
- Yvonne Nelson premieres ‘Fix Us’ on December 6
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Popular Ghanaian celebrities who have not been verified on social media
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaian celebrities who were rich before stardom
- It’s better to exchange sex for movie roles – Prince David Osei
- People are jealous of my progress – Prince David Osei
- I don’t owe anybody – Prince David threatens to sue blogger for defamation
- Catherine Afeku, Patapaa’s dance battle at Kundum Festival Mega Jam
- Wendy Shay and 9 celebrities we’ve seen with customized number plate cars
- Nobody cheats more than a man who is not good in bed – Prince David Osei claims
- Men who cheat just want to flaunt their disability in bed – Prince David Osei
- Is Ghana lacking capable leaders, why is Mahama contesting 2020 elections? – Actor Prince David Osei
- Stop sleeping with people who are your mother’s age – Prince David Osei advises youth
- Yvonne Okoro to fulfil Black Queens $10K pledge
- I Don’t Miss The Creative Arts Ministry – Hon Catherine Afeku
- Why Yvonne Nelson did not attend John Dumelo’s wedding
- Yvonne Okoro promises Black Queens $10,000
- Even satan is not gay – Prince David Osei blasts homosexuals
- Ghanaians requested yet mourning Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Don`t Dance Over Afeku`s Exit Yet, Remember The Devil you know…
- SCREENSHOT: Yvonne Okoro ‘Advertises’ Herself To Ghanaian Men On International Women’s Day
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Hon. Barbara Oteng Gyasi Assigned As Minister For Tourism, Culture And Creative Arts By President Akufo-Addo
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Jackie Appiah, Yvonne Nelson And Yvonne Okoro To Star In New Movie
- VIDEO: Nadia Buari Reveals How Rich She Is
- PHOTO & VIDEO: Nadia, Yvonne Okoro And Yvonne Nelson Spotted At John Dumelo’s Son’s Naming Ceremony
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Female Celebrities Likely To Give Birth Before Marriage