Republic of Ireland and Southampton forward Shane Long scored the fastest goal in English Premier League history in Southampton’s clash with Watford at the Vicarage Road on Tuesday night.
Long had a chance from Craig Cathcart’s clearance and hit it over Ben Foster after just seven seconds.
English defender Ledley King held the previous record when he scored after 10 seconds during Tottenham’s win over Bradford City in 2000.
The 32-year-old had made 23 appearances and scored four goals for Southampton so far this season.
- English Premier League Betting Guide – Tips & Advice
- Liverpool win sixth UEFA Champions League
- Hazard expects Chelsea exit to be announced soon
- Adomah secures Premier League promotion with Aston Villa
- Kompany announces Manchester City exit
- Lichtsteiner is set to leave Arsenal after Europa League Final
- It makes it very hard for me to have respect Maurizio Sarri- Gary Cahill reveals
- Luiz pens new deal at Chelsea
- Relegated Premier League club Huddersfield Town set to be sold
- Atsu on target for Newcastle against Liverpool
- Bailly ruled out of AFCON
- Adebayor talks about Arsenal’s challenges
- Herrera to join PSG next season
- Lukaku dreams to play in Italy
- Guardiola debunks Mahrez exit rumours
- Giroud to stay at Chelsea
- Salah named one of the world’s most influential people by Time magazine
- Solskjaer set to make tough decisions on Manchester United squad
- Benayoun announces his retirement
- Schlupp delighted with win over Newcastle
- Leicester City appoint Brendan Rodgers as new manager
- English Premier League: Liverpool taste first defeat away to Manchester City; Citizens back in title race
- English Premier League: Wolves stun Spurs to dent their title hopes
- Boxing Day English Premier League Wrap: Manchester City’s woes continues as Liverpool go six points clear at the top