Ghana is an interesting country to live in. There’s no dull moment in the country, and its citizens have an ingenious way of creating fun out of a lot of issues.
Celebrities here are also not spared from these ‘deadly trolls’ and here, I’ll refresh your memory with some celebrities who have ‘murdered’ the English Language. Put on your seat belt and enjoy the flight.
The boxer is now a presenter at GHOne TV. However, prior to that appointment, Ghanaians were treated to numerous occasions where he ‘murdered’ the English Language. His hilarious quotes are also a big part of him which puts a lot of smiles on the faces of Ghanaians. Below are some of the instances where he ‘murdered’ the English language via his quotes/witty sound bites;
- A talking plenty cannot let dead man hear you
- I am not anybody in this country, I’m the big popular, I’m the musician, I’m the comedian
- A tsetsefly cannot listen to their teaching, is walking to the death man to go cemetery
- A monkey learn about the mango tree, they cannot fall down
- A dead lion is more than a dog is not dead
- When the bush are destroyers, any animals cannot open mouth to talk
- Bukom is my favorite food. I can’t leave Bukom. Even if buy house in Legon, I can’t leave Bukom. Bukom is my temperature.
- When a witch fly at night, something happens to the mango tree. You can as the clouds.
- When a vulture shake their waist, it is cover their sons
- Woman without no man is like a river without source
- Ghana here, we don’t have managers. They will watch over you one year, two years. If you call the manager, switch off. I want to go America, that’s where all the fighters are.
- Anything you want, if you get, there’s no beggars on the road.
- Abundance of water, the foolish man cannot be taste
- He is not a eye doctor. Why are you telling somebody that if he fight again, he will blind. I know what is going on. I Bukom Banku I know in my head back
- The only foolish dog run after the flying bird
- The lady, I love him, not as a sister, I love him. He is my wife. He will play number 4 for me. I have a goalkeeper and two defenders so he go play four.
Nana Aba Anamoah
She wouldn’t spare you if you make a typing error. Her tendency to correct the errors of people who write English earned her the accolade, ‘Girls Prefect’. However, during the #Rapperholic 18 concert, the whole world got to know that even a whole Nana Aba Anamoah is not infallible, to err is human! Her opening remarks at the concert sparked huge trolls on social media.
She said, “Welcome to the biggest continent in Africa” when she actually meant to say, “Welcome to the biggest concert in Africa”. Revenge served cold, eh?
“Like mother, like daughter”. Nana Aba Anamoah is the ‘Godmother’ of Serwaa Amihere, and so Serwaa had no choice than to follow in the footsteps of her Godmother.
In April, when the coronavirus was gaining grounds, most media houses created an awareness campaign to educate the public so as to prevent them from contracting the virus willfully. And so during one of those awareness campaigns, Serwaa Amihere said, “wash your hands under running SOAP and water”.
The comment led to a lot of trolls and even her Godmother, Nana Aba Anamoah didn’t spare her. When Serwaa posted a video where she was listening to music, Nana Aba Anamoah sarcastically tweeted, “EI SOAPY. You dey jammmm under running music”.
The Ashanti Regional Chairman of the NPP, Bernard Antwi Boasiako, popularly known as Chairman Wontumi, always ensures that he severally ‘murders’ the English language anytime he decides to speak it. He claims he attended Prempeh College, but his command over the English Language always gives him away.
He was heavily criticized when he launched a scathing attack on the person of Jane Naana Opoku Agyemnag. Below are some of his sound bites;
- Woman born me but not all woman is woman.
- The job would also not have being complete without the efforts of all and “sundural” (sundry)
- Because of the covid, the president pass a law or pass a decree that no one can “conclumarate” or “agrumarate” in any place
- Me di3, I choose to do the doggy job and have my money for my money to speak English for me
- Whom am I?
- We have something called “transleletion” (translation)
‘Who send am serf?’ Wendy Shay’s attempt to sing the popular gospel tune, ‘Ancient of Days’ degenerated into a deadly murder of the English language when she said, “Ancient of days, how old as you are” instead of “Ancient of days, as old as you are….”
- Ghanaian Female Celebrities Accused of Wearing Hip And Butt Pads
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who support Manchester United
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- Factors responsible for Wendy Shay’s success revealed
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- Ghanaian celebrities who have hit rock bottom
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Corona Babies: List of Ghanaian celebrities who have given birth in 2020
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- Top celebrities Ghanaians have lost to Nigeria
- Ghanaian celebrities who are building brands around their body parts
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs
- 4 Richest young celebrities in Ghana
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners