The Minister for Communications, Ursula Owusu-Ekuful, has said that one does not need to be married to live a fulfilled life.
She said young people must focus on developing their interests, adding that marriage is not a guarantee for happiness or success.
Speaking to Accra-based Starr FM on International Women’s Day, she said one can be single and still be happy.
“I keep telling young people that you can be fulfilled even when you are single. You don’t necessarily have to be married to make it.
“Marriage is good. However, while that is waiting to occur, you can have interests and achieve a lot of things,” Mrs Owusu-Ekuful said.
The Communication Ministers also had her say on the perception that women who make it to the top often use the ‘back door’.
According to her, “it is the time people stop thinking all women who have made it had to sit on the laps of men to get to where they are.”
“We should even out the playing fields through the laws so that equal opportunities are assured. There was a full center spread about me in 2005 describing my whole anatomy as something I couldn’t even relate to.
“There are women who are working very hard to make things happen for them,” she added.
International Women’s Day is marked annually on March 8 to celebrate and support women’s rights.
It is also a day to reemphasize the importance of gender equality in all global spheres.
- Listen: Kwame Dame releases “Hill Street” tape
- I Am Wondering if Ghana Can Handle A Terrorist Attack – Berla Mundi Worries
- Medikal proves he is the Hiphop artiste of the year at Ghana Meets Naija 2019
- Woman reveals how her pastor husband sleeps with men
- I should not have been alive by April 8
- Pilolo African Diaspora festival
- Tales from my backyard: How we innocently kill our loved ones
- Neglect of the boy-child since Beijing conference 1995 – A similar mistake to the reason for that conference
- Killing the cure for AIDS: The case of Nana Kofi Drobo II and Dr Sebi
- Food for your soul: The most important activity in the world – the first step
- Pepper Dem Ministries’ response to Asantehene’s warning to Queen Mothers
- Could someone stop this Vodafone 4G nonsense?
- PHOTOS: Adjetey Anang And Wife Loved Up In These Beautiful 12th Marriage Anniversary Photos
- VIDEO: Sex Is Heaven On Earth – Prophet Kumchacha
- R. Kelly Breaks Down in Tears in New Interview After Sexual Assault Charges: ‘I’m Fighting for My Life’
- Nana Aba Anamoah Exposes Man Who Keeps Harassing Her Sexually On Instagram
- Which Do You Prefer; Church Wedding Or Traditional Marriage?
- Sista Afia Breaks Silence On Her Alleged Leaked Sextape
- Patapaa Finally Proposes Marriage To His Beautiful Girlfriend?
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrity Marriages Worthy Of Emulation
- 2Baba Opens Up On Marriage Breakup Rumours
- Police harassed me sexually while investigating JB Danquah-Adu’s death – Widow
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Female Celebrities Likely To Give Birth Before Marriage
- Uganda hints of Sex Tourism
- SHOCKING: Couple Divorce 3 Minutes After Marriage
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- MENZGOLD SAGA: 10-Year-Old Marriage Collapses Over Wife’s Ghc200,000 Locked Investment
- Same Sex Marriage And Marijuana To Be legalised In Ghana If…
- REVEALED: Becca Was 3 Months Pregnant Before Her Marriage
- JUST IN: Becca Welcomes Her First Child 6 Months After Marriage