“Mr Kevin Taylor”, writersghana.com says, “May God bless you abundantly.”
“Bold to defend forever the cause of freedom and of right,” these are some of the words of the Ghana National Anthem.
Kevin Taylor has been a lone crusader against the fraudulent Power Distribution Service (PDS) deal for several weeks now.
How many of us know that to be a crusader is to adopt the cross – a symbol of truth?
That is what it means, period.
Before Saturday’s midnight announcement of the cancellation of the PDS contract, the powers that be had created rival social media programmes which sought to portray him as a “paid” hireling; or even a thug.
Now we know who the paid hirelings are.
At least four of them are clearly identifiable based on facts.
One- graphic.com.gh: They sought to profile the men and women behind PDS as credible business people.
But as my mentor retorted, those people could not even cough up insurance guarantees and a cash deposit for “a sweet heart deal”.
Two- citinewsroom.com: “The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) was unhappy with the suspension, insisting the government of Ghana acted too hastily.” Really?
Three- myjoyonline.com: pro government, pro PDS raps and articles.
Four- Good Evening Ghana (Metro TV): Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko speaks in first ever interview since whenever plus numerous “infoeditorial /”infomercial editorial rants” sometimes interlaced with “prayerful” supplications.
Now the damage control is moving towards “criminal fraud versus civil fraud” – that civil fraud only vitiates a contract but does not lead to criminal charges.
As my mentor always insists in such circumstances: “Where is law enforcement?”
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Are we not in a country where so called visa contractors are arrested by police or even those who default on private business loans?
Tell me, are we not?
In all of this we recall with sadness the dead and injured innocents of Manya Krobo who demonstrated against unjust electricity bills imposed on them by PDS.
And how can we forget the pitiful demagogues who sought to create ethnic discord?
This four year ballot box democracy has truly emboldened the politriKcians; their recklessness appears to know no bounds whatsoever. Interestingly, they have not threatened to sue anyone yet.
Alas the Ghanaian mainstream media is bought, sold, dead and buried – with its illfitted suits and frequent spewing of monologues of no depth, accuracy or coherence.
Look here, it is not Kevin Taylor’s job (nor is it the BBC’s while we are about it) to provide evidence for anything.
Educated and enlightened people know that role belongs to law enforcement especially when there are glaring irregularities to do with government money and regulations.
What is wrong with us in this country, can we not use common sense?
Yet again, we are waiting for law enforcement; they should surprise us by waking up.
God Bless Kevin Taylor.
Feedback; [email protected]; www.writersghana.com; LinkedIn, Isaac Ato Mensah; Instagram, @atomenswriters; Twitter, @Atomens; Facebook, Writers and Shakespeares Ghana; Telegram, Isaac Ato Mensah; Quora, Isaac Ato Mensah. WhatsApp (+233) 020 022 0353.
Writers and Shakespeares Ghana Limited exist to be a moral and intellectual guide to the best practice of PR and integrated communications around the world, beginning with Ghana.
- Excuse me, Sir, I’m not jealous of Kevin Taylor’s ‘good works’, I only detest bogus crusaders!
- If the US-based Kevin Taylor really abhors homosexuality, why can’t he petition Trump?
- Stop insulting Ghanaians intelligence, Kevin Taylor: Voters witnessed Mahama’s abysmal performance!
- Why Kennedy Agyapong may well have to battle Kevin Taylor on his own turf!
- Kevin Taylor: A bogus detective of our time?
- Ernest Kofi Owusu-Bempah writes to Kevin Taylor
- Kevin Taylor must stop his unsubstantiated allegations of criminalities against Ken Agyapong
- PDS scandal: Alleged conversation between Gabby Otchere-Darko, Philip Ayensu and Edward Akufo-Addo
- Kevin Taylor names Sammy Awuku, Anthony Karbo and Perry Okudzeto in PDS scandal
- We know your ‘sexuality’, many ‘other’ things – Kevin Taylor takes Ursula to the cleaners
- Alleged $75,000 bus price: GH Daewoo tackles Kevin Taylor’s propaganda
- I like John Mahama – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Put ‘mad’ Kennedy Agyapong on suicide watch – Kevin Taylor begs
- We are sweating because of Atta Akyea – Kennedy Agyapong confesses
- Kennedy Agyapong strips Kevin Taylor naked before Ghanaians in Germany
- Hypocrite Rawlings is an ‘ass kisser’ – Kevin Taylor
- NPP petitions New York Times over Kevin Taylors’ ‘slanderous’ video broadcast
- Shut up Duncan Williams! – Ekow Kevin Taylor says ‘With All Due Respect’
- The undisputed fact about our pregnant teenagers
- History, politicians and Otumfuor’s UN address
- 9 Ghanaians With The Most Difficult Jobs That You Wouldn’t Want To Be In Their Shoes
- Why I will vote against Akufo-Addo even if he gives me free water and electricity for life
- Is Hawa Koomson’s act a confirmation that the NPP is the most violent political party in Ghana?
- In-depth analysis that shows that Akufo-Addo has won the 2020 elections
- Auditor General Vs The Presidency: Why both should be shown the exit
- Time to do away with retirees as Presidents; Amend the laws to allow the youth to contest
- What Prof. Jane Naana Opoku has in common with past running mates that should scare the NPP
- Why Nana Addo should be blamed for Carlos Ahenkorah’s recklessness
- NDC has erred: This is why preparing a manifesto without a running mate is a big blunder
- 4 Top Ignorant Politicians in Ghana [OPINION]