The 20th edition of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMAs) which is scheduled for this Saturday- May 18 at the Accra International Conference Centre, continues to draw much excitement amogst Ghanaians.
One the categories that is being keenly contested is the, ‘Artiste of the Decade’ category, an award which will be given to the artiste that has remained relevant and achieved a lot musically over the last decade.
Meanwhile some artistes and their fans have already started ‘fighting’ on social media on why they (the artistes) deserve the award.
Rapper E.L, sharing his opinion on the subject, all the artistes in the category have done well over the years, and giving the artiste of the decade award to 2 Artistes on the night won’t be bad at all.
“Everyone deserves it in their own right. I don’t think it’s appropriate or even fair to give one artiste an artiste of the decade because we’ve had different artistes mold the whole music industry for the past 10 years”
He continued, “They should just give it to 2 Artistes in that category.
- Shatta Wale and Kwaw Kese lied about their mansions – E.L
- Blakk Cedi finally shows Stonebwoy power on Instagram after he sacked him
- Kofi Kinaata deserves nomination in Gospel Song of the Year category – Quophi Okyeame
- ‘Buy land in Ghana’ – Akon woos African-Americans investors ahead of Year of Return
- KiDi speaks on having a child at age 23
- Govt has failed in educating citizens about ‘Year of Return’ – Shatta Wale
- Africangurl Donia (AGD) – ‘Reason With Me’ (Cover)
- Medikal, Eno to ‘shutdown’ Ghana with Cardi B
- Most gospel musicians are not called by God – Cindy Thompson
- Obrafour ‘angrily’ replies Yaw Labito over allegations
- Kidi was my prayer point – Kuami Eugene confesses
- Kuami Eugene recounts ‘crazy’ experiences with female fans
- 2019 has been the best year in my music career – Strongman
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- ‘I Don’t Want Shatta Wale To Sign Me, He Has Poor Managerial Skills’- Kevynboy Fires
- Musician Kontihene escapes a gory accident (+ photo
- The industry has no room for an ungrateful person like Kelvyn Boy – KOD fires
- I once saw choristers taking off their robes, pulling out cigarettes and Alcohol – Cindy Thompson
- Desist from social media hype – Cabum advises artists
- Branding, key to music industry – EBA
- Can gospel musicians collaborate with secular artists?
- Social media has been a game changer – KK Fosu
- Wei Ye Oteng attacks Zylofon Media
- Shatana is a retired slay queen – Terry Bonchaka’s former manager jabs musician
- I’m only interested in footballers who play for renowned clubs – Fantana
- Amakye Dede sues Trigmatic for defamation; demands GHC1m
- Traditional language is my identity – Wiyaala
- Stop discrediting local artistes and producers – Fuse ODG ‘angrily’ tells journalists
- VIDEO: Danny Beatz – Don’t Let Me Fall ft Fantana & Freda Rhymz
- Shatta Wale earns first Grammy credit on Beyonce’s Lion King album