Actor John Dumelo married Gifty Mawunya in a star-studded ceremony in May 2018. The two kept their relationship very secret and not a single media outlet reported about them before their marriage.
Many people were shocked as Ghanaians were expecting to see Dumelo marry one of the popular slay queens who have been gracing our social media newsfeeds and television screens. Though Gifty wasn’t known to the public, she had a good relationship with celebrities, expecially those in the film industry.
Dumelo had one of the most-trended marriages especially when KOD ‘poured gari into sand’ by shading other celebrities that Dumelo ignored them to marry Gifty because they are “all over the place”.
The two got married in a private residence in Accra. They have since been blessed with one child. Not much is heard about their marriage as the two prefer to keep their marriage-life outside social media. Unlike other people who marry celebrities, Gifty is not seen jumping from media houses to grant interviews. Like Shata Michy who became a star for marrying a celebrity Shatta Wale, Gifty has decided to keep it on the low.
Gifty Mawunya loves birthdays, so we are sure of hearing of her on every 3rd January. Let us take a look at some of the things that make them a perfect match and destined to be together.
Both NDC members
John Dumelo and Gifty Mawunya are not just NDC members; they are staunch ones. While John Dumelo is contesting to become a Member of Parliament for Ayawaso West on the ticket of the NDC, Gifty’s family members are also strong NDC members and enjoyed contracts when NDC was in power.
Gifty’s parents and her whole family are very strong NDC supporters. Mawunya is the sister of Selassie Ibrahim, the well known NDC supporting actress who run Smarttys Management, the company that was at the centre of the bus branding scandal during the John Dramani Mahama presidency.
Several photos online show Gifty Mawunya hanging out with former President John Dramani Mahama. Gifty and president John Mahama are seen hanging out a couple of times and she is almost always present at all those parties held at the Jubilee House when JDM was on the throne.
So it’s a blessing for Dumelo to have a wife who believes in his political dreams and ideologies.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Though marriage has nothing to do with tribe or ethnicity, parents always wish their children marry from ‘home’. John Dumelo and his wife Gifty are both Ewes from the Volta Region of Ghana. Dumelo spiced up their marriage with the Ewe language when Gifty was celebrating her birthday in January 2019.
John Dumelo wrote:
“Mawu nayra egbesia @missgeeonly. Wodzi Fianyornu Mawu nayra wo. Ne woa dzor nuwo , nena wodzidzi nu wo kataa neva me.Meh nyro wo de Yesu fe vu korkoe la me. Akpe na wo be enye sronyuei kple dada nyuei . Mie lorwo. Happy bday!!!”.
These lovely words translate into English as below:
“God bless today @Missgeeonly, A queen was born. May God bless you and protect you. May he make all your heart desires come to pass. I hide you in the holy blood of Jesus Christ. Thank you for being a good wife and a good mother. I love you. Happy birthday!!”
Mutual friend Nadia Buari
Actress Nadia Buari is a good friend of both John Dumelo and her wife Gify Mawunya even before they started dating. Some have even speculated that Nadia Buari connected the two. Gifty and Nadia are always seen together anytime Mawunya is in town. The two friends hang out a lot and they seem to be so fond of each other. So clearly she runs around in those kinds of ‘high society’ circles.
Holds two bachelors degree
Gifty Mawunya holds at least two bachelors degrees from well-known Universities in Ghana. She is a graduate of Central University and she also holds a prestigious Bachelor of Laws degree from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA). She was part of the 2016 graduating class but it is unclear whether she intends to practise law one day or not.
Though Gifty stays in Ghana mostly, here is just like her second home since she is mainly based in the United Kingdom, London. Her parents also live in the UK. Some rich babe shits. Now we know why John Dumelo was frequenting London in those days.
- Jon Benjamin sends John Dumelo special wedding present
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaians who became celebrities because they married or dated celebrities
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities who have been accused of sexual misconduct
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Will Ghanaians love for John Dumelo translates into votes amidst V8 saga?
- Local rice cheaper than imported ones – Journalist schools John Dumelo
- John Dumelo pushes ‘borla’ truck for votes
- Dumelo pushes for twice a week wearing of ‘Ghana clothes,’ says it will create jobs
- Nadia Buari plays with John Dumelo’s son on his birthday
- I’ve plans to establish something like Silicon Valley in Ghana – John Dumelo
- Elections are not won on social media – John Dumelo tells NPP
- Dumelo reveals how he won NDC Parliamentary primaries
- I am bankrupt – John Dumelo cries
- What Dumelo told Samini after he called on him to change the narrative
- Go and change the narrative – Samini tells Dumelo
- I paid fees for people before primaries – John Dumelo reveals
- John Dumelo starts campaigning for 2020 elections
- NDC Primaries: 3 actors who won in their constituencies