Social media trends for some obvious reasons developed some empathy for Ruff Town Recordz signee, Wendy Shay who had for several weeks topped trends for all the negative reasons.
A few of such instances include; her inappropriate choice of clothes when YEA ambassadors paid a courtesy visit to former President John Agyekum Kufuor earlier this year and her wardrobe malfunctions at the BF Suma concert in 2018, Commonwealth hall celebrations week as well as the Golden Movie Awards both in 2019.
Well, this time Wendy Shay was on point with her choice of apparel but in the words of Kofi Kinaata, the “part-time Christian” missed some lyrics in a very popular gospel song.
Many Ghanaians who found their way to social media to react to the rather short snippet of the singer’s performance, could not find a way to comprehend how the singer missed the lyrics in the song.
The original lyrics which is known to be “Ancient of days as old as you are,” was rather “Ancient of days how old as you are,” in Wendy Shay’s version, according to some Twitter users.
It is not yet clear whether Wendy Shay was trying to ad-lib as she is yet to respond to the rising ‘heat’ on social media.
But as at 6 am on Tuesday, November 20, 2019, Wendy Shay was already trending number one on Twitter.
Meanwhile, the concert at which the singer made the blunder is not yet known.
Below are some of the reactions on her gaffe:
- Fantana jams to Wendy Shay’s latest song
- Bullet gave the songs we wrote together to Wendy Shay – Ms Forson
- Ola Michaels apologises to Wendy Shay over ‘ugly looks’ comment
- Settle your beef peacefully – Kwami Eugene advises Wendy Shay, Fantana
- Wendy Shay clashes with Ola Michael over ‘make-up’ comment
- Stop the negative stories, project us in a good way – Wendy Shay to bloggers
- Shatta Wale has made me fearless – Wendy Shay
- Stop insulting me, correct me when I’m wrong – Wendy Shay to critics
- I’m better than Wendy Shay and Fantana – Ms Forson challenges
- Wendy Shay vs Fantana beef: Watch how they were forced to hug
- The constant insults from people drain me emotionally – Wendy Shay
- ‘You’ll run away if you take a look at Wendy Shay in the morning’ – Ola Michael
- Shatta Wale’s words to Wendy Shay after she shamed critics with new Jeep
- Wendy Shay and 9 celebrities we’ve seen with customized number plate cars
- Wendy Shay’s interview edited to gain traffic – Bullet
- Wendy Shay speaks dumbly in interviews because her manager Bullet is dumb – Bulldog
- I’m proud I can now buy an iPhone – Wendy Shay defends her net worth answer
- Fresh revelations over Ebony’s death
- Fantana is now learning how to cook – Wendy Shay
- Bullet accused of stealing songs for Wendy Shay
- My paralyzed kid brother was in recently burnt family house – Wendy Shay
- Wendy Shay sacked as YEA Ambassador
- Ghanaians have so many questions and comments about this Wendy Shay-Kufuor photo
- Starboy Kwarteng’s new signee, Maureen starts a new beef with Wendy Shay?
- Over to you – Wendy Shay to Bullet after Shatta Wale complains
- Wendy Shay reacts after she was snubbed by Kelvynboy (Video)
- New video shows how Kelvynboy started his beef with Wendy Shay
- It wasn’t intentional – Kelvynboy speaks after snubbing Wendy Shay
- The reason Kelvyn Boy decided to snub Wendy Shay revealed
- Shatta-Stonebwoy Peace Conference: Kelvynboy snubs Wendy Shay (Video)