The world was greeted with sad news on Sunday morning on the crash of Ethiopian Airlines’ flight ET 302 which was heading to Nairobi from Addis Ababa.
The news was broke by Ethiopia’s Prime Minister on Twitter.
“The Office of the PM, on behalf of the Government and people of Ethiopia, would like to express its deepest condolences to the families of those that have lost their loved ones on Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 on regular scheduled flight to Nairobi, Kenya this morning,” the office of Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed said on Twitter.
The Office of the PM, on behalf of the Government and people of Ethiopia, would like to express it’s deepest condolences to the families of those that have lost their loved ones on Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 on regular scheduled flight to Nairobi, Kenya this morning.
— Office of the Prime Minister – Ethiopia (@PMEthiopia) March 10, 2019
The airline’s spokesman also confirmed to Reuters news agency that 149 passengers and eight crew members were on board the plane when it crashed.
The airline has said in a statement that it’s yet to confirm the details of the passengers and crew onboard the flight but Ghanaians are expected to be onboard.
Nairobi has recently become one of the favourite tourist destinations for Ghanaians. It’s visa-free travel enjoyed by Ghanaians makes it a perfect choice when one plans for a vacation.
Most Ghanaian holidaymakers choose to travel on Ethiopian Airlines to Nairobi due to the fact that it provides the cheapest fares on the route and also gives travelers on transit the opportunity to see Addis Ababa without the usual visa struggles.
Currently, it’s $100 to $150 cheaper to travel to Nairobi from Accra on Ethiopian Airlines than others.
Flight ET 302 is not the only connecting flight. Most passengers are connected to Nairobi on flight ET 308. Passengers who opt for stopovers in Addis Ababa and those on longer transit hours connect on ET 302.
Jetsanza.com will be updated readers as and when they become available.
- Ethiopian Airlines crash: Mum sensed daughter’s death
- This is the Nigerian who died in the Ethiopian Airlines crash
- UPDATE: ‘No survivors’ on crashed Ethiopian Airline
- Ethiopian Airlines flight to Nairobi crashes
- Ghana finalizes agreement with GERC for $2.2bn Eastern railway project
- Why the last prayer for Ethiopian Airlines pilot was ‘different’
- VIDEO: The Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Was The Will Of God – Prophet Kofi Oduro Reveals
- BREAKING NEWS: UK Bans Boeing 737 MAX 8 Aircraft From Its Airspace
- Plane Crash: God Was Drinking Beer With Satan When The Plane Crashed – Chris-Vincent
- Man missed doomed Ethiopia flight due to late connection
- Ethiopian Airlines Plane Crash: President Nana Addo Mourns Victims
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane: Prophet Cosmos Walker Affran’s Prophecy Comes To Pass
- Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane: List Of Nationalities Onboard Released; No Ghanaian Onboard
- SCREENSHOT: Ghanaian Who Was Supposed To Be On Ethiopian Airlines Crashed Plane Speaks
- Notable people who called for Catherine Afeku’s removal as Tourism Minister
- Catherine Afeku Removed as Minister For Tourism & Creative Arts
- Cape360 awarded at 2018 Central Region Tourism Awards; see full list of winners
- How to successfully apply for South Africa Visitor Visa from Ghana
- Nalerigu: What the capital of the newly created North East Region has for tourists
- Nigerians Travel To Ghana Just To See KIA Terminal 3
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi’s Regeneration Concert records impeccable performances in a marijuana-filled atmosphere
- YEAR OF RETURN: Aburi Botanical Gardens to host African Culture and Wellness Festival
- Uganda hints of Sex Tourism
- START PACKING: Canada wants 1 million more new immigrants over the next 3 years
- U.S ambassador summoned over high rate of visa denials
- Passport forms now free and available online
- Free WiFi on board Dubai taxis
- Ghana’s tourism promoted by Shatta Wale’s Reign album launch
- Ethiopia to give all Africans visa-on-arrival
- 10 incredible drone photography shots of Western Region that will give you serious wanderlust