Religion plays a huge role in the shaping of life of any individual. Religion is largely viewed as sacred. It helps people to draw strength, inspiration and direction. All over the world, people switch from one religion to another.
In Ghana, there are three major religions; Christianity, Islam and the Traditional religion. Ghana is one of the countries which enjoy a high level of peace, and one of the reasons is that its citizens are highly tolerant and respect the fact that religious differences are bound to happen.
It’s just a scene of beauty when during Independence Day celebrations, representatives of the major religions in the country come together to pray for the prosperity of the nation. Indeed, there’s beauty in diversity.
Irrespective of the religion we belong to, as Ghanaians, we have found the need to love one another and so here, we take a look at some of our celebrities who are Muslims. Some of them are obvious whiles others are not so obvious, follow me, let’s take a ride:
Abedi Pele and sons
The maestro, Abedi Ayew Pele is a practising Muslim. He was born into an Islamic family and attended the Ghana Senior High School in Tamale. He is often visited by other practising Muslims during the Eid-ul-fitr.
During the celebration of Eid-ul-Fitr, the religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to mark the end of the month-long-dawn-to-sunset fasting of Ramadan, Andre Ayew mostly takes to social media in his jalabiya outfit to commiserate with Muslims in Ghana and all over the world. He is the first son of Abedi Pele.
Jordan Ayew is the younger brother of Andre Ayew and also during the Eid-Ul-Fitr celebration, he often sends his goodwill to Muslims all over the world via his social media handle.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He plies his trade in China for Jiangsu Suning F.C. He was born in Tamale and is also a practising Muslim. He often visits the home of the Ayews during the Eid-Ul-Fitr celebrations.
Mumin’s contributions to the Ghanaian movie industry has been hugely satisfying. Awards she has swept home include; Best International New Actress at the 2014 Papyrus Magazine Screen Actors Awards and Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 2009 Ghana Movie Awards.
She was raised as a Muslim. She was born in Wa in the Upper West Region of Ghana. She had her Senior Hugh School education at the Insaaniyaa Senior High School.
Abdul Baba Rahman
He is a Ghanaian professional left-back who plays for Chelsea F.C. However, he spent this football season on loan at la Liga club, RCD Mallorca. He was born in Tamale and is well known as a practising Muslim. He has featured for clubs such as; Asante Kotoko, Greuther Furth, FC Augsburg, Schalke 04 and Reims.
He attended the Al Makiss Senior High School in Navrongo which is regarded as one of the most prestigious schools in the area.
Kassim Nuhu Adams
He is a Ghanaian footballer who plays for German club, Fortuna Dusseldorf. However, his parent club is TSG Hoffenheim. He is one of the well-known practising Muslims in the country. During Sallah festivities, he is often spotted in the company of Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew and Mubarak Wakaso.
- Ghanaian families with the most celebrities
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- Ghanaians demand a lot from Jordan Ayew – Andre defends brother
- André Ayew hopes to join Jordan in EPL soon
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Sold Their Talent For Travel Visas
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrities who are alive but some people think they are dead
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian celebrities who have never been in the news for the wrong reason
- Ghanaian celebrities who support Manchester United
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners