Being born into a royal family is quite some task. Royals are so much cherished by their people to the extent that they are prevented from venturing into certain areas, especially entertainment.
However, times have changed and possessing royal blood or getting married to someone who is a royal has not translated into any adverse effect on our celebrities.
Here, we take a look at some celebrities who have royal blood; those who are chiefs, married to one, or comes from a royal family.
On 28th December 2019, Wendy Shay was enstooled as a Queen Mother of Gomoa Afransi. In the enstoolment ceremony, Shay was elegantly dressed in rich kente with a touch African beads. Shay was enstooled as the “Ahenemba Hemaa of Gomoa Afransi”.
After the ceremony, Wendy Shay took to Instagram and wrote; “Ahenemba Hemaa of Gomoa Afransi Queen Ewurabena Ofosuhemaa Shay 1 (Queen Shay 1) I’m greatly honored.
Apparently, it became clearer why Wendy Shay always referred to herself as the Queen of Ghana’s music.
Ethel Esi Eshun, popularly known as Queen eShun was enstooled in Gomoa Afransi on 28th December, 2019 as the “Queen of Juvenile and Youth”. Like Shay, she was also elegantly dressed in beautiful kente cloth with African beads to match. After her enstoolment, Eshun broke the news to her fans by writing, “I present to you Queen of Juvenal and the Youth in Gomoa Afransi. Thanks to God, to the King of Afransi Ogyeedom Obrenu Kwesi Atta IV Ans all the people of Africans… Stage name Queen eShun”.
Abrantie Amakye Dede
The legendary highlife musician, Amakye Dede was enstooled as subchief at Agogo in the Asante Akyem North Municipality of the Ashanti Region.
At the event where the honorary chieftaincy title was conferred on him, the Omanhene of Asante Akyem Agogo, Nana Kwame Akuoko Sarpong revealed that the title was conferred on Amakye Dede because of the honour and pride he has brought to the town via his music and other worthwhile investments made in the area.
The ‘Iron Boy’ hitmaker, has made a lot of investments in the area such as the construction of an ultramodern hotel which was highly appreciated by the chiefs and the other inhabitants of the town. Amakye Dede was honoured with the title, ‘Berima Okyeredom Amakye Dede 1”.
‘Okyeredom’ means crowd-puller, and according to the Agogohene, the honorary title was in view of Amakye Dede’s capacity to pull a lot of crowd via his electrifying performances.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Amakye Dede was enstooled on 3rd January, 2018.
Caryn Agyeman Prempeh
She replaced Berla Mundi as the host of “Late Afternoon Show” after Berla’s departure to TV3. Aside from her role in the media space, Dr. Caryn is a medical practitioner with a major interest in Global Public Health. She is an old student of St. Roses Senior High School. She further studied at Headington Girls School located in Oxford, University College of London – Biomedical Science, School of Medical Science (KNUST) and Medicine at the Queen Mary University of London.
Dr. Caryn is the founder of CERVIVA, a non-profit organization which is focused on creating awareness and educating women on cervical cancer.
Unknown to many, she is the daughter of none other than Otumfuor Osei Tutu II, the King of the Asante Kingdom and her traditional name is Ohemaa Afia Kobi Prempeh.
Gifty Anti and Nana Ansah Kwao IV
Gifty Anti, also known as Awo Dansoa, is a highly respected broadcaster and feminist. She is known for her flagship programme, Standpoint. Her book, ‘A Bit of Me’ which delved into the untold story of her life became number 1 on Amazon in less than a week of its release. She got married in 2015 to Nana Ansah Kwao IV in a ceremony which will forever be etched in the memory of those who witnessed it.
Her husband, Oyiakehyire Nana Ansah Kwao IV doubles up as a radio and TV host at Joy FM and the chief of Akwamu Adumasa.
Gifty Anti was recently awarded the Fellowship of The Boardroom Institute (FBI) by the Accra Business School.
The fact that she is married to a chief, the then ‘simple’ Gifty Anti now has a ‘complex’ name; Oheneyere FBI Dr. Gifty Anti and is, therefore, a royal. Her children stand a chance of occupying the throne in future.
Blessed Godsbrain Smart alias Captain Smart is no new name in the streets of Ghana. He is a radio personality who has successfully made a name for himself in the Ghanaian political space. He joined Adom FM in 2013 and called it quits in 2019.
Unknown to many, Captain Smart is a royal. This was revealed during the funeral and burial rites of the late Asantehemaa, Nana Afia Kobi Serwaa Ampem II at the Manhyia Palace in Kumasi. He was seen in a procession of chiefs and linguists paying homage.
It was revealed that Captain Smart is actually an ‘Okyeame’ or linguist with the stool name ‘Otumfour Akwamuhene Kyeame’, meaning he can speak for the Akwamuhene or Akwamu Chief, offer advice and educate the general audience.
He is thus from a royal or privileged family line but due to reasons best known to him, he’s pretty much shielded that facet of his life till now.
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian Female Celebrities Accused of Wearing Hip And Butt Pads
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Are Atheists
- Ghanaian celebrities who use Uber
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming