We appear to love those people who have a bit of a foreign accent. I’m not talking about the fake accents o! It explains why a lot of people are madly in love with Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr., known popularly as Shatta Wale. He has, on several occasions indicated his love for being real and has never tried to fake an accent, apart from times when he does his normal funny stuff.
Together with Kwaw Kese, they sang ‘ALLO’, a popular song which addressed fake lives and its consequences.
However, there are some Ghanaians who have foreign accents, original accents, resulting from where they spent their youth. Let us take a look at some of them.
Of course, she will be the first to come in mind. Her real name is Andrea Owusu. She was an assistant nurse based in the United States of America before her relocation to Ghana. She spent a lot of her childhood in the States and so it is understandable that she has a foreign accent.
Her foreign-based lifestyle is evident in the manner in which she posts semi-nude pictures. Efia Odo? Andrea said she got that name because she was born on Friday and that she genuinely loves people. She has made a lot of posts about altruism.
‘The Grandpapa’. His full name is Reginald Yaw Asante Osei. He was born in the United Kingdom and was a pioneer of the Hip-life movement in 1994. He’s one of the celebs with a foreign accent which he obviously picked up from his days in the United Kingdom. He has been trolled by fans who assumed that he was faking his accent. This what was he had to say in response:
“We are some hating ass Ghanaians, we really hate ourselves. We hate ourselves, we hate ourselves so much. Ghanaians don’t like Ghana, we hate Ghana so much that we listen to Nigerian music all day”.
His real name is Desmond Kofi Blackmore. He was born to Ghanaian parents, and so fans have been on his neck, accusing him of faking his accent. Some also believe that he may have genuinely acquired the accent because of the fact that he has travelled widely.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
He has performed in a lot of foreign cities including; London, New York, Johannesburg, Capetown, Amsterdam, Dubai, Toronto, Amsterdam, Cape Town, Boston and so on.
Nadia Buari has been criticized by several fans for using a fake accent/locally induced accent. However, it might be an unfair judgment because not much is known about where she spent her early childhood days.
Her real name is Antoinette Tiffany Owusu. She’s also been criticized for using a fake accent. But after her sex tape was leaked, she has gone off the music scene. However, in 2018, Tiffany, in an interview said that her absence from the music scene was because she had set her sights on making money.
His real name is Kofi Nahaje Sarkodie-Mensah. He moved to the United States at the age of two, and since then, he has climbed the success ladder to become a globally acclaimed World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) Superstar. He began his wrestling career in 2005. He made his first visit to Ghana in 2019.
Due to the number of years he spent living in the US, it’s understandable that he has an accent. Fact is in Ghana, people are yet to identify with him. That is because WWE is not regarded as a sport in the country.
Sark seems to have taken on a new passion, thus Pan-Africanism. However, fans have noticed that when he’s conducting interviews or speaking in English, he tends to come with an American accent.
It’s definitely been a while we heard from her. She emerged after she participated in the Big Brother Africa reality show. She used to be the CEO of Aphrodisiac Nite Club. When she used to be very present on the airwaves, fans were disturbed by her fake accent.
Other celebrities who have been accused of faking foreign accents include; Kwaku T, Efya, Dee Money. But the following celebrities, as a result of a prolonged stay overseas do speak with foreign accents; Peter Mensah, Michael Blackson, Senyo Amoaku, Freema Agyemang, Joey Ansah, Sam Sarpong, Boris Kodjoe as well as Jaye Davidson.
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Ghanaian celebrities who were rich before stardom
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian Celebrities Whose Talent Are Still Questioned
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian celebrities who use Uber
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Are Not On Facebook
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian families with the most celebrities
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love