The lure of starting one’s own family proves to be too magnificent to ignore and as a result marriage has become quite the ultimate dream of a lot of people. To some, marriage is about finding that person you love and yet to others, marriage goes beyond ‘mere’ love.
And because to some, marriage goes beyond ‘mere’ love, they do not accept if their child decides to marry someone they deem as a ‘low life’. In our entertainment space, the same is observed as most of these celebrities are getting themselves attached to people of relatively higher status. So here, we’ll profile some celebrities who have married into high society. Fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride.
Gifty Anti, also known as Awo Dansoa, is broadcaster and feminist of high repute. She is the host of the popular talk show, Standpoint. Of course, she’s also in a class of her own, but she improved upon her status after she tied the knot with Oyiakehyire Nana Ansah Kwao IV, a broadcast journalist with Multimedia as well as the chief of Akwamu Adumasa.
She got married in 2015 to Nana Ansah Kwao IV in a colourful ceremony. They tied the knot in a once-in-a-lifetime wedding ceremony which was held in Accra and Aburi.
‘The Royal Wedding’ as it is now known received gargantuan media attention and was attended by several high personalities including; former President John Agyekum Kuffour, Hackman Owusu Agyemang and Dzifa Abla Gomashie.
She got married at the age of 45. Despite doubts about her ability to bring forth a child, Gifty Anti gave birth on 11 August, 2017 ( two years after her marriage and at the age of 47) to a baby girl called Nyame Animuonyam Oheneba Afia Asaa Afrakoma Sintim-Misa.
Former member of the now-defunct music group, 4 X 4, Captain Planet, tied the knot with Uche Ofodile on June 20, 2014 in a private ceremony in Accra. His marriage to Uche sparked a lot of rumours as people perceived that the couple was a mismatch and that Captain Planet had gotten married to someone who was way above his ‘class’. LOL!! People will always talk.
His wife, Uche Ofodile, is a giant in the Corporate World, and she was recently appointed as the CEO of MTN Benin. She has a reputation for building brands in the African market. During her tenure as the CEO of MTN Liberia, she repositioned the MTN brand in Liberia and grew its customer base to 1.45million subscribers.
She worked at Vodafone Ghana where she left a huge legacy as the CEO. She transformed Vodafone Ghana which at the time was struggling into the #2 telecommunications provider in Ghana.
What can we say? ‘Who no like better thing?’
He is one of the musicians who was born with a golden spoon in his mouth. However, since growth and development are typical phases of life, via his marriage, Rockstone decided to put more ‘respect upon’ his name. He is married to Dr. Zilla Limann, the daughter of the third president of Ghana, Dr. Hilla Limann.
His is quite the romantic true love story. He dated Tracy, his wife for numerous years even before he achieved his celebrity status. After so many years of courtship, they eventually got married on July 21, 2018 in a star-studded event which took place at the Labadi Beach Hotel in La, Accra.
His wife, Tracy is the CEO of Pisces Ideas. Tracy is reputed as one of the ‘high flying’ people in society because she used to live abroad and attended High School and University in Germany and Britain, respectively.
Stonebwoy got married to Dr. Louisa Ansong, a dental medical practitioner who presently works at the Legon Hospital. The beautiful and star-studded marriage ceremony took place on 16th June, 2017 in Accra. They have two children; Catherine-Jidula Stekla and Livingstone Janam Satekla Jr.
Theirs is a classic case of marrying into high society because Louisa is known to be from a family of intellectuals. Checks on Louisa’s background indicate that her father and other family members of hers are medical doctors.
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Ghanaian celebrities who were rich before stardom
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child