Pet keeping is one of the acts associated with the rich and famous. Sometimes, these powerful people showcase their pets to their followers and fans. A common constant in the choice of pet amongst most celebrities is “a dog/puppy”.
Sports personalities such as Lewis Hamilton, Lionel Messi, and Michael Phelps consistently showcase their love for dogs via their social media pages. The likes of Will Smith, T.I, Snoop Dogg, John Legend, Gerard Butler, Kanye West, Denzel Washington, Jamie Foxx, Justin Timberlake, Ben Affleck, Tyga, Simon Cowell and Bradley Cooper also consistently update their social media accounts with pictures of the lovely dogs that they own. And it’s not only that…..Prince Harry, Barrack and Michelle Obama also showcase their love for dogs.
There are also those who have taken their love for dogs to the extreme; Kylie Jenner owns four dogs and has even made a joint Instagram account for two of those dogs, Ariana Grande is a huge fan of rescue dogs, and it is believed that she owned as many as 9 rescue dogs in 2017. Ariana gave them names such as; Toulouse, Ophelia, Cinnamon, Coco, Lafayette, Sirius, Strauss, Pignoli and Fawkes.
Back in Ghana, it is not entirely surprising that some celebrities have also taken up the ‘dog owning profession. After all, unlike most humans, dogs are well noted to be creatures who possess a high level of gratitude. As a result, dogs are also known as very loyal animals. Below are some Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs;
Deloris Frimpong Manso
The ace radio show host, producer, public speaker, entrepreneur and Women’s advocate, popularly known as Delay has time without number, showcased her love for dogs. She owns a very cute dog and she claims the dog is worth $2000.
In 2013, when the star actress was ‘fed up’ with all the rumors and insinuations about her love life, she silenced the rumor mongers by stating that ‘she’s in love’ with her dog, called Phedo. Nadia told the biannual fashion magazine, Rene Collections that “I can’t imagine my life without dogs. I love the fact that I come home and meet Phedo at the door waiting for me. It’s actually the sweetest joy of my life. I even dress him up in little outfits…..I’m madly in love with him”. She said this when she was asked who the love of her life was.
She has been off the radar for quite some time. However, in 2013, photos emerged which showed Confidence literally kissing one of her dog on its lips. The CEO and mother of one became popular when she featured in the sixth season of the reality show, Big Brother Africa in 2011. She revealed that she has 2 dogs known as Duchi and Kyeiwa. And when it got to a certain time that she needed to travel, she didn’t hide the fact that she’s a dog lover and revealed that she’ll miss her child and her dogs.
It can be said that hers has transgressed love and has metamorphosed into an obsession with dogs. And these dogs have also had their parts to play in the controversies she has starred in. Afia Schwar is not one who’ll back down from a challenge, and so when she was entangled in a beef with Diamond Appian and Mzbel, the two alleged that for a reward of $5000, Afia Schwar slept with a dog.
Afia Schwar didn’t refute those allegations by Mzbel and went on to say that Mzbel was amongst the ladies the Chinese men paid to service their dog.
It’s an open secret that Afia Schwar is an avid dog lover and even went ahead to use the dog to aim gigs at the embattled Angel Obinim. Afia Schwar said that her dog would not even sit to listen to Angel Obinim.
LOL! It is reported that she bought a dog for GHC3000 and named it Kezia Acid. It was reported that the dog was named after Kezia Gee, the lady who was reported dating her then husband, Lawrence Abrokwah.
She’s also an avid dog lover. She has named her dog Oreo!
Nana Ama McBrown
She loves dogs and often posts them on her social media pages. In an interview with Stacy Amoateng, McBrown revealed that she spoke very often to her dog when she was going through a variety of challenges in 2017.
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who are physically and intellectually endowed
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- Ghanaian families with the most celebrities
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Ghanaian celebrities who were rich before stardom
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- VIDEO: Afia Schwar Drops List Of Male Ghanaian Celebrities Who Sleep With Older Women For Money?
- PHOTOS: Ghanaian Celebrities Storm Social Media With Beautiful Photos To Mark Ghana’s 62nd Independence Anniversary
- VIDEO: Nana Ama McBrown Has Been Pregnant For 11 Months?
- Delay ‘Misused’ I And Afia Schwarzenegger To Make Money – Nana Tornado
- l’m Not Bothered By Your Insults – 17-year-old Yaa Jackson Tells Critics
- VIDEO: I’m The Biggest Kumawood Actress After McBrown – 17-year-old Yaa Jackson Brags
- VIDEO: Abrokwa’s Girlfriend Calls Afia Schwarzenegger “A Pig” In Latest Video