Stardom and being a celebrity is to be enjoyed with all the glitz and glamour that comes with it without any difficulty as these celebrities and stars spend most of their lives living luxuriously, embarking on expensive vacations and using some of the most exorbitant technologies around, most of which are paid for by multi-million brand they represent. This narrative becomes different when a celebrity decides to lead a lifestyle that is not befitting for a role model or breach certain business contracts.
These celebrities were making millions from endorsement deals until they acted indecently or went contrary to their contract terms.
Kwadwo Nkansah Lil Win
Kumawood actor kwadwo Nkansah, popularly referred to as Lil Win in the Ghanaian Movie Industry landed himself a juicy deals with MTN Ghana and Coca Cola Ghana. However, the multiple award-winning actor lost all these deals after he was seen with weed on stage. The actor in an interview revealed that he lost business deals with MTN, Tigo and Coca Cola after he displayed some substance believed to be Indian hemp on stage during his performance at Ghana Meets Naija.
According to the actor, the brands pulled down all billboards associated with him the next morning after the Ghana Meets Naija Weed Saga.
In another interview with Kessben FM in Kumasi, the actor decided not to pursue the case but leave it to God.
Black Entertainment Television (BET) Best International Act winner, Sarkodie, born Michael Owusu was unveiled by electronics giant, Samsung as brand ambassador for its mobile devices. This followed a massive and great concert where the rapper was the headline artist at the Pentagon Hostel, University of Ghana.
The rapper was made the Samsung West African Brand Ambassador for Samsung’s mobile devices. However, rumours were that the boss of Sarkcess Music lost this deal after he was caught using an Apple phone in a music video, and was also seen with an Apple phone in some television appearance, an act against his business contract with Samsung.
Shaka Zulu was given a brand ambassadorial deal by Tigo Ghana. This enabled Shaka Zulu to be a key star in the Tigo Honey chukchuk advert. Briefly after the commercial went out, there were rumours of he been involved in numerous robbery and theft cases but his cup became full when he was arrested with friends for robbing a Nigerian at Batsona.
The gang made away with 5 laptops, a wristwatch and GHS 150,000. Until his arrest, Richard Cobbina, real name, was a bouncer and music video actor. After his arrest, he lost every deal with Tigo and the telecommunication network company did not hesitate but pulled down every advert Shaka Zulu had featured in.
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- Musicians that ‘ruled’ Ghana in their Prime
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Kwaw Kese, and other Ghanaian celebrities who have gone to Prison
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Is Sarkodie currently in Ghana?
- Sarkodie’s ‘Oofeets? song ‘ignites’ rivalry between Sark Nation and SM
- Brand Nu Y3 SARK: Checkout Sarkodie’s Classic Red Carpet Look To The 2019 MTN 4Syte Music Video Awards
- I’m not ready to rap in English – Sarkodie
- The minister saying Sarkodie is the artiste selling Ghana the most is wrong – Bulldog
- ‘I Don’t Envy Sarkodie’s Success’- Edem
- Sarkodie named ambassador for Year of Return
- I didn’t go to Sarkodie’s concert because he didn’t invite me – Shatta Wale
- Sista Afia is just dope – Sarkodie
- Sarkodie features Idris Elba and Donaeo on Party N Bullshit
- Yaa Pono names his six friends in the music industry
- Yvonne Nelson and Nana Aba Anamoah ‘clash’ over Obrafour and Sarkodie
- ‘I worship Sarkodie like a god’- Nana Aba Anamoah
- Lil Win finally begs Kwaku Manu for forgiveness
- Abna Eyes BET Award As She Congratulates Sarkodie
- Ghana’s Sarkodie makes history at 2019 BET Hip Hop Awards
- Shatta Wale beats Stonebwoy, Sarkodie at 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK
- How Ghanaian Entertainers reacted to Sarkodie’s BET win
- Kanye West’s Producer congratulates Sarkodie for getting a nomination in BET Hip Hop Awards
- I have the most loyal fan base in Ghana’ – Sarkodie
- Mr Eazi and Sarkodie accused of song theft
- Charging underground artistes for music features not wrong – Sarkodie
- I’ve tried for years to get Sarkodie on a song – Frustrated eShun cries out
- Should Sarkodie be studied as a course? Industry players argue