In the words of famous American actor, Denzel Washington, “at the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or what you’ve accomplished. It’s all about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.”
These generous and philanthropic Ghanaian celebrities would have a lot of good things said about them because of the number of lives they have lifted and inspired through their generosity.
Kennedy Ohene Agyapong
Although Kennedy Ohene Agyapong has become very popular and known for his love of attacking people and his recent deeds of exposing pastors which he terms as fake, the maverick legislator for Assin Fosu Central is exceptionally generous.
Kennedy Agyapong in February 2019 donated medical supplies worth a whopping GHS60,000.00 to his constituency’s polyclinic to aid better their health system and provide standard healthcare for his people. The loudmouth parliamentarian is known for giving handouts of cash and kind to the less privilege in his constituency; he finances the schooling of many children from Assin Fosu and beyond.
Dr. Kwame Despite and Dr. Ernest Ofori-Sarpong
Following frequent complaints of crimes at Tesano in Accra, the Chief Executive Officer of Despite Group of Companies, Osei Kwame Despite, together with the CEO of Special Group of Companies, Dr. Ernest Ofori-Sarpong in May 2018, commissioned a newly-constructed Police Station at Tesano in Accra, to enhance police activities in the area and safeguard people.
To add up, the two financed a similar project in their hometown, Wiamoase in the Ashanti Region. Prior to that, he constructed and handed over an ultramodern Children’s Block at the 37 Military Hospital. He is also known for paying the fees of the less privilege and support young entrepreneurs with startup income.
Prophet Badu Kobi
Famous televangelist and prophet Badu Kobi is one of the most benevolent known faces in the country. The prophet is famous for giving out cars, food items, and money to the rich and the poor alike. Records are that, since he came into the limelight, the man of God has donated about 269 cars to some celebrities and some needy persons in his church.
The prophet is also popular for giving out money and gifts to the widows in his church during festive seasons and occasions.
Head pastor of Anointed Palace Chapel, Rev. Obofour is very benevolent. The mega pastor mostly is seen giving cash items to needy church members and sometimes visitors who come to his church for healing. He also has the habits of gifting out cars to his church members, junior pastors, celebrity friends and some lucky visitors who visit him for healing.
When Apraku My Daughter was going through financial difficulties, Rev. Obofour rented and paid for an apartment for him and got him a car which he fueled occasionally. In addition to that, the generous pastor gave Apraku My Daughter, a monthly allowance of GHS10,000.
He has also donated a truck full of bags of rice, tin fishes and cooking oils to villages in the Ashanti region as relief items for the village dwellers in this COVID-19 era.
Fella Makafui would definitely be remembered by the people of Amoeba Akukome in the Volta region for her generosity and benevolence. The actress donated bags of cement towards the construction of a new community center. During this Covid-19 period, Fella Makafui has also donated some food items to persons living on the streets.
The African Mermaid, Sister Derby, is one of the few benevolent female celebrities in the country. The actress, model and singer between the period of April 1 and April 3 collaborated with Chipper Cash App and donated Ghc50 each to over 50 of her fans as support for them in these trying times of Covid-19.
Controversial television personality and former lead actress of the Afia Schwarzenegger show is also known for donating to various orphanage homes in Ghana, especially because she prides herself as the ambassador for orphans in the country.
On Friday 13 April, 2020, as part of her contribution to reducing the financial burden on people during this Covid-19 period, Afia collaborated with Nollywood star Tonto Dike to donate some relieve items consisting of food, and cash to some persons living on the streets of Accra and beyond.
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Mastermind: How Rev. Obofuor Tactically Silenced Kennedy Agyapong
- VIDEO: Medikal Performs With Fella Makafui And Sister Derby
- VIDEO: I Dumped Medikal For Cheating On Me – Sister Derby Reveals
- SCREENSHOT: Fella Makafui Warns Pretty Lady Who Referred To Medikal As “Odo” On Instagram
- PHOTOS: 5 Mesmerising Photos Of Medikal’s Ex-girlfriend, Sister Derby
- VIDEO: Sister Derby Jams To Medikal And Fella Makafui’s ‘Omo Ada’ Song
- “Poverty Is A Sin” – Medikal Preaches
- TWEET: Sister Derby Still In Love With Medikal?
- “Medikal is cheap” – Sister Derby tells Fella Makafui
- I’m still Single And Not Dating A 21-Year-Old Footballer – Sister Derby
- SCREENSHOT: Fella Makafui Threatens To ‘Kill’ Medikal If He Dares Dump Her
- Sister Derby’s Secret Affair With A 21-Year-Old Footballer Exposed
- VIDEO: I bought Fella Makafui’s promise ring for Ghc400,000 – Medikal brags
- Photos: Fella Makafui flaunts big backside in new photos
- Allow us to enjoy our relationship in peace – Medikal tells critics
- VIDEO: Sister Derby still can’t get over ex-lover Medikal; jams to his “too risky” song with friends
- Fella Makafui Seals Her Love For Medikal In An Emotional Letter
- PHOTOS: Actress Salma Mumin Seeking Needless Attention?
- Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui to have fun, they’re young – Okyeame Kwame
- Medikal reveals real reason why he dumped Deborah for Fella Makafui
- Shatta Wale & Michy Fake Breakup? Sister Derby Is Riding On Her ‘Painful Breakup’ With Medikal To Resurrect Her Dead Music Career
- Medikal and Fella Makafui jam to his new song with King Promise
- Medikal – Sister Derby; another Shatta Wale and Michy kind of breakup?
- Medikal sends shots to Sister Derby in a new song for describing his relationship with Fella Makafui as ‘Kakalika love’
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- Ghanaian pastors who have given atheists reasons to mock Christians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were rich before stardom