COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on all facet of life, from our schools to the church and the economy as a whole. The danger posed by the virus has been the talk of the town. Ghana has embarked on serious enhanced contact tracing with over 170,000 persons tested so far. This article focuses on some Ghanaian celebrities and Ghanaian government officials who have tested for the virus and made it known to the public regardless of their status.
BICE OSEI KUFUOR
Bice Osei Kuffuor who is also known as Obour is the former Musician Union of Ghana President. The musician and politician tested for the virus after he came into contact with his late dad who is a chief at Asante Dwaso, Nana Osei Boansi Kuffour. All relatives who came into contact with the dad mandatorily quarantined but they all tested for negative for the virus.
Television broadcaster Oheneyere Gifty Anti also tested negative after undertaking her first and second coronavirus (COVID-19) test. The celebrated on-screen personality underwent the process after returning from the United Kingdom (UK) in April. However, Gifty Anti maintained that she was still taking precaution and will undergo further tests.
HON KWAKU AGYEMANG MANU
The minister of Health for the Republic Of Ghana tested positive for coronavirus last week. The news started as speculations on various social media platforms but the minister allegedly told journalist Afia Pokua that he hasn’t tested positive and was just taking a rest at the hospital. However, President Nana Addo Danquah Akkufo Addo confirmed that indeed the Minister has tested positive during his 11th Address to the nation on Ghana Coronavirus response. The minister is currently seeking medical attention at the University of Ghana Medical Centre. Reports coming in indicate that the Member of Parliament for Dormaa Central in the Bono Region of Ghana is recovering and in a stable condition. He has been MP for Dormaa West and Central for two terms and now serving his 3rd term.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Celebrity Tailor Elikem Kumordzie was also tested for the virus after he was placed under mandatory quarantine. The Big Brother contestant results came out as negative after the 14-day quarantine. Kumordzie took to social media to inform his fans immediately after he received the results.
PAPA OWUSU ANKOMAH
Ghana’s High Commissioner to the UK and Ireland, Papa Owusu Ankomah was diagnosed with the novel coronavirus. Reports indicated that Mr Owusu Ankomah tested positive for the Covid-19 on Friday, April 10, 2020, and was sent to the Intensive Care Unit in a London Hospital.
The politician has since recovered from the virus.
Papa Owusu Ankomah has served as Ghana’s High Commissioner to the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland since June 2017.
The recent one is Gary Al-Smith who is a sports journalist for multimedia Group Limited. He was one of the five staff at the Accra office of the media company who tested positive for the disease yesterday and are asymptomatic. The Journalist and the other four people have been isolated. Management of the company has since put out a statement explaining the positive cases at its premises in Accra were discovered after contact tracing by the Ghana Health Service (GHS).
Gary openly came out to announce to the public his status on Facebook and that was basically to fight stigmatization. He is bent on being Ghana’s ambassador against the stigmatization of persons who tested positive for COVID-19. He is now the first Ghanaian journalist to openly declare his status, although there are reports around that some members of the Parliamentary press corps have tested positive for the virus.
Head of Ghana’s Health Insurance Authority, NHIA, Dr Dsane-Selby announced on Monday that she had also tested positive for COVID-19. She said the decision to test was after she started experiencing tiredness, bodily pains and headaches. She is into self- isolation to prevent her from exposing others to the virus. She becomes the fourth known government official to have tested positive for COVID-19.
Members of Parliament, Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, President Akufo-Addo and the entire Jubilee House staff have all taken the test.
Sarkodie, wife Tracy, daughter Titi, and their new-born baby are currently in self-isolation awaiting to be tested after they arrived in Ghana a few days ago.
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian celebrities who abandoned fame to preach the gospel
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads