Every job has its intricacies and discrepancies. The ‘job’ of being a celebrity is not a different one because of the element of consistency which must remain a constant. There are a lot of people who have hit the spotlight but have been unable to maintain the level of consistency which is required to maintain a healthy level of relevance.
The result is that their names fade into obscurity. Here, we’ll take a look at some of these celebrities who have hit rock bottom.
Ghana 2 Pac
He’s also known as SUPA, but his real name is Seth Koranteng. He was born in Aburi in the Akuapem South Municipal District and moved to Nima at the age of 5. He burst onto the scene in 2018 after years of being an underground rapper.
His ingenious way of rap, followed by his funny and unmistakable style of walking endeared him to the heart of many Ghanaians. However, he failed to build upon his fame and fast forward to 2020, Ghana 2 Pac is barely mentioned in the media space.
Let’s refresh our memories, repeat after me; ‘F. Gariba’.
Rashida Black Beauty
She became famous following her viral ‘Malafaka’ video where she was insulting her boyfriend for ‘breaking her heart’. Again, her popularity soared when her nude video leaked. She got pregnant and made an appeal for funds during an interview with Delay on the Delay Show.
Shortly after the interview, she ‘disappeared’. In 2019, after a long absence, she popped up with a picture of herself and her baby. She captioned the picture ‘Rashida Malafaka on mummy duties’.
During her first public appearance after childbirth, she threw shots at controversial comedienne, Afia Schwarzenegger.
Fast forward to 2020, the memory of Rashida Black Beauty has become a distant memory.
“You don’t know ebout eat”, “You don’t know why is going on” Hitherto, the aforementioned statements were very popular in Ghana and they were birthed by Patrick Mensah, popularly known as Mr. Eventuarry. Prior to finding fame, he was a taxi driver at Efiekuma.
Mr. Eventuarry came into the limelight with his hilarious laughter and grammar. However, it appeared that the spotlight wasn’t good for him. He was cautioned by entertainment pundit, Chief Charles who opined that Mr. Eventuarry needed a scriptwriter to stay relevant since he was viewed as a comedian.
Comedy is about being creative enough to sustain the interest of the audience, but it appeared as though Chief Charles’ advice fell on deaf ears.
Mr. Eventuarry got a gig to perform in Nigeria, and after that, confusion took center stage. He sacked his manager and an interview to probe why he axed his manager, Mr. Eventuarry stated that “every day, the money will be vanishing from me”. He made cameo appearances in the popular Ketetia vs Makola comic series but that it was unable to sustain the vibe which he once upon a time, generated.
He also bagged an ambassadorial role with Petroleum giants, Shell Ghana. However, fast forward to 2020, Mr. Eventuarry has joined the list of celebrities who were just a nine-day wonder.
Following her ‘Azonto’ hit song with Fuse ODG in 2014, Tiffany was poised for greater things. However, the unthinkable happened; her sex tape was leaked to the media, and since then, the promising Tiffany has not been the same again. Other incidences such as; an accident when she was returning from Lynx entertainment studios after recording another hit, ‘Fake London Boy’, being a victim of a robbery and being blackmailed by some Nigerian students who possessed her nude photos contributed in dampening her strong spirit.
She ‘disappeared’ till 2018 when she revealed in an interview on Zylofon FM, that her long break from the music industry was because she shifted her focus to making money. Tiffany said that she took the break to focus on her beauty shop, which is located at East Legon.
She said that she needed to raise enough money to enable her to take good care of her son. She also said that she had signed unto a new label, Midas Touch. She released ‘Cotyledon’ in 2018, but it failed to hit the highs that she had once upon a time, revelled in!
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Corona Babies: List of Ghanaian celebrities who have given birth in 2020
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- Top celebrities Ghanaians have lost to Nigeria
- Ghanaian celebrities who are building brands around their body parts
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- 30 Photos of GMB 2020 co-host Anita Akuffo that are causing stir online
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs
- 4 Richest young celebrities in Ghana
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners