When the prying eyes of a camera are always monitoring you, you have to be sure that you do not put any foot wrong. Celebrities also owe it to their fans to stay out of controversies as much as they can. And yeah, controversies are relative. I’m not referring to the controversies which lead to these celebrities gaining some level of clout, but I’m referring to potentially career-killing controversies.
And of course, the first among these kinds of controversies to avoid are the sex-related ones. Sex sells, and it is definitely one of the surest routes to kill a career.
Despite the sensitive nature of issues pertaining to sex and the obvious desire to never be involved in behaviours which tend to promote sexual misconduct, some of our celebrities have been hit with sex-related cases. Let us have a look at some of them.
Kwasi Kyei Darkwah, popularly known as KKD is a Ghanaian broadcaster, Master of ceremonies (MC), media culture and tourism expert. He was also engaged in a Hollywood-esque sexual misconduct case.
KKD has held valuable positions such as; Director of Public Communications at the Ghana Investment Promotion Council, Director of Programmes and Marketing at Sunshine Radio, General Manager of Megastar Limited, Accounts Manager for Corporate Healthcare at Gissings Consultancy Services. He has also served as the Advertising and Promotions Manager at the ABC Brewery Limited.
In December 27, 2014, he was arrested following a report wherein he was accused of raping a 19-year-old lady in the bathroom of the African Regent Hotel, situated in Accra-Ghana. The victim of the alleged rape, known as Ewuraffe Orleans Thompson said that the rape incident occurred when KKD invited her to help him apply powder to his face.
According to Thompson, KKD forcibly had sex with her after she obliged to help him apply the powder to his face in the washroom. KKD vehemently denied that it was an issue of rape. According to KKD, he had consensual sex with Thompson.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
However, on January 12, 2015, the alleged rape victim expressed disinterest in pursuing the case. As a result of her decision, she wrote to the Director of Prosecutions, the Registrar of the High Court and the Chief Justice to communicate her decision.
On 22 April, 2015, KKD was freed, and the rape charge against him was dropped after the Attorney General entered a nolle prosequi for the case.
In 2011, a Nigerian writer, Mustapha Ayinde Inusah wrote a story filled with damning allegations of sexual misconduct on the path of John Dumelo. The baffling feature of that story is that all those who were said by the writer to have made those claims against John Dumelo weren’t named.
Among the allegations were a Nigerian lady based in the US who alleged that John Dumelo is a blackmailer. She claimed that in addition to herself, Dumelo was dating two other women. Another lady also alleged that Dumelo wittingly took her school fees from her. The writer claimed that this Nigerian lady showed him half-nude photos of John Dumelo.
John Dumelo reacted to these rumours and averred that they were all baseless and plots to bring his name into disrepute. He also urged the ladies who claimed that they had his recordings and nude photos to release them into the public domain.
John Dumelo also came under severe criticism when he was seen hugging female students at the University of Ghana. One radio presenter by name Nana Ama described the act as “gross and predatory”.
In 2013, Richard Nimoh, known in the showbiz circles as Deeba was accused of defiling his 8-year-old daughter in the United Kingdom (UK). Deeba was arrested after an undercover police investigation which took place on January 15, 2013 at the La Palm Royal Beach Hotel.
The arrest was as a result of a warrant which was issued by the Northamptonshire Magistrate in the UK. The rape offences were said to have been committed between 2005 and 2008. When a forensic physician examined the alleged rape victim, it was found out that there was extensive damage to her hymen.
However, in 2018, Deeba’s manager, Pastor Elvis, said that Deeba was not charged for rape and that Deeba didn’t defile his daughter but inserted ginger into her anus as a form of punishment.
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Kwaw Kese, and other Ghanaian celebrities who have gone to Prison
- Ghanaians who became celebrities because they married or dated celebrities
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- LGBT in Ghana and Ghanaian celebrities who have openly declared that they are gay
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization