Technically, a car is just a mode of transport, but tactically, a car depicts the level of comfort one has attained in life! The need for a car amongst celebrities is very much on the high as most of them are often caught flaunting them on social media.
Guess what?? Kwaw Kese has said that he regrets buying a lot of luxurious cars and that if he could turn back the hands of time, he would have invested the money he used in purchasing several cars into profitable ventures.
It is also worthy to note that in a piece of advice to Medikal, Kennedy Agyapong told the musician that he should tone down on the rate at which he spends on flashy cars and instead think about how to invest the monies he’s gaining from music into other profitable ventures.
But hey, never mind! Back here, owning car(s) means more and so we’re going to chronicle some celebrities who have landed into trouble because of cars.
Nana Aba Anamoah
When she celebrated her birthday on June 19, Nana Aba Anamoah was gifted a Range Rover which had the registration number; GR 2050 – 20. However, checks via the code *920*57# indicated that the aforementioned registration number belonged to a Nissan Rogue.
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) said that checks they had conducted revealed that Nana Aba Anamoah’s Range Rover had not been registered and urged her to register the vehicle prior to using it. Of course, it was strange that two vehicles had the same registration number.
Following the hullabaloo, Nana Aba Anoamoah registered the Range Rover with a customized registration number; N 1-20. She, however, said that she wasn’t aware of her Range Rover’s initial registration number was fake. She indicated that she reported the incident to the police when she noticed that her car was registered with a fake registration number.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
In 2015, Sarkodie hit the news headlines not because he had won an award but because he was reported to have bought a stolen car.
According to multiple media reports, he was investigated by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service for trying to register a stolen vehicle. The vehicle in question was an Infiniti Saloon Car.
The car was reported to have been missing, and so when Sarkodie went to the DVLA to register the same vehicle, the Police was notified.
However, Sarkodie’s lawyer, Moses Foh-Amoaning, explained that Sarkodie paid GHC30,000 for the car which was purchased from a certain Ishmael Amponsah, who’s also known as Papa. According to Moses, Sarkodie was given all the original documents of the car but didn’t need it immediately, and so he parked it.
Moses went on to say that Sarkodie decided to release the vehicle to a new artist signed onto his label. However, in the process of registering the car, they received information that the car has been listed as a stolen vehicle by the Auto Theft Unit of the CID.
It was later revealed that the car was at the centre of a family controversy and so Sarkodie reached an agreement with Papa that his money be refunded to him.
The actor cum politician was fingered in a deal which saw him acquire a V8 vehicle belonging to the National Security which he attempted to re-spray. His defence on why he purchased the state vehicle has been quite sketchy.
In 2017, in an interview on Joy News, Dumelo indicated that he sent the car for routine maintenance, check-up and servicing and then returned home. Whiles home, he indicated that he received a call from his mechanics who informed him that some people were saying that the car is for the state. He allowed the guys to take the car, and then he later went back for his money.
But in an interview with Umaru Sanda Amadu on CITI TV, Dumelo said that he was advised to spray the car by his mechanic because there were some scratches (well, that’s technically still a form of maintenance so no ‘wahala’). But here comes the big matter; he said that after three months, he paid the balance and was given a new car, contrary to his earlier report that he took back his money!
Prophet Badu Kobi
Following an altercation with and subsequent exposure, by Kennedy Ohene Agyapong, Prophet Badu Kobi and founder of Glorious Wave Church had some of his cars confiscated by security operatives over unpaid duties. The vehicles included a Lincoln Navigator and a Porsche Panamera.
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- Ghanaian celebrities who support Manchester United
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by death hoaxes
- Ghanaian Female Celebrities Accused of Wearing Hip And Butt Pads
- Ghanaian celebrities who have tested for Coronavirus
- Ghanaians who became celebrities because they married or dated celebrities
- Coronavirus: Ghanaian Celebrities who were put under mandatory quarantine
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies