News of the death of rising dancehall sensation Ebony Reign took the nation by storm. The incident which occurred on the Sunyani-Kumasi highway sent shivers down the spines of the whole nation as it claimed the lives of three people.
This has brought back memories of some of the great talents we lost while they were at the peak of their careers and were about to achieve greater things. Names, such as Castro, Vybrant Faya, Suzy Williams, Terry Bonchaka and Owusu Ansah come to mind.
In this article, we go down memory lane to remember some of the wonderful talents, this nation has lost just when fans were expecting so much from them.
On 6th July 2014, the whole nation was thrown into a state of confusion, uncertainty and tears when the news of Castro’s disappearance on the Ada Estuary hit the public. After days of searching the estuary, the police and search team only recovered the Jet Ski on which he went skiing with an unknown lady. However, Castro’s body was never found and the police and search team concluded that he had perhaps gone too far into the ocean and lost control of the Jet ski leading to him and the unknown lady drowning. Indeed three years after the incident, Asamoah Gyan with whom he visited Ada with and was lodging at the same hotel, said in an interview that he believed his bosom friend Castro wasn’t coming back because he was dead. What made the ‘death’ of Castro more tragic was that, he was just at the peak of his career and enjoying all the success that his years of hardworking had culminated into.
Kwame Owusu Ansah
This is one tragic death that got the whole populace mourning. From the elderly to the young ones, from the big men to the ordinary man on the streets, everyone was found shedding tears at the demise of one of the nation’s most respected and loved actor. Before his death in May 2008, Owusu Ansah was causing a revolution in the Ghana movie industry together with Miki Osei Berko. His calm demeanor won him admirers and one could hardly find a reason to hate him. There was no successful movie in his era that did not feature him. Beside his success in movies, he was always there to support the entertainment industry in one way or the other. He was one of the leading figures who helped established music record label, Madhaus Entertainment. But all that was cut short when his Toyota Camry collided with a cargo truck that was being chased by the police on the Accra to Tema motorway. He succumbed to the cold hands of death at the Korle-bu Teaching Hospital where he was transferred to after first being taken to the Tema General Hospital.
Once upon a time, a young boy of 21 years, out of nowhere, came and hijacked the Ghana music industry and made it his own, but sadly that did not last for long as death came calling him too early. That is the story of Terry Bonchaka who tragically lost his life in an accident on the Tetteh Quarshie Interchange in 2003. Before his death, Terry Bonchaka looked unstoppable in the music fraternity. He blessed the nation with hits after hits at just the tender age of 20 years. His style was unique and different from everything Ghanaians were used to and this made him special and unique among his colleagues. His signature dance, pulele was basically practiced by every young Ghanaian who was a music lover. But as fate will have it, his greatness was not meant to last long and at just a young age of 21, he lost his life and threw the nation into a state of mourning. A wonderful and promising career was cut shot within a snap and that was it, Terry Bonchaka was gone, and gone forever.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Suzzy Williams died on the La-Teshie Nungua Highway in 2005 at just the tender age of 23. At the time when she died, Suzzy Williams was one of the biggest movie star in Ghana and Nigeria featuring in all the blockbuster Nollywood and Ghallywood movies. She was making all the right moves in the movie industry and making a name for herself as the most talented actress among her peers. But in 2005, the promising actress was involved in a gory accident which claimed her life. According to police report, she was in the vehicle with a young man who was alleged to be his boyfriend.
The young man who was the one behind the steering wheel managed to survive but the young and budding actress was not so lucky as she lost her life. Rumours spread later after an autopsy that traces of some hard drugs were found in her body. Suzzy Williams from all indications and without any doubt would have gone on to become one of the finest actresses in Africa.
Before Alex Adu Kofi, popularly known as Agya Koo came to revive the local movie industry, there once was John Evans Bosompi, also known as Bob Santo who was single-handedly doing a great job to revive the local movie industry. Together with his eternal compatriot, Judas, the two brought excitement back to the local movie scene and managed to revive people’s interest in the local movies. They stared in several Akan movies that became national hits but his journey to reviving a collapsing the local movie industry couldn’t stand the test of time as Bob Santo was taken away from Ghanaians by death. According to his bossom friend and movie partner, Abusuapanyin Judas, Santo got ill while they were in Sweden having an European tour. The tour was cut shot for Santo to return home for treatment. Santo spent about two weeks in hospital for treatment upon his return to Ghana but lost his battle against death in May, 2002.
The Mampi hitmaker lost his life in an accident on the Tema Motorway in 2016. Emmanuel Kojo Quayeson, known in showbiz Vybrant Faya was just getting to the peak of his career and was making strides in the music industry when death took him away. He died at the 37 Military Hospital while on admission. He was responsible for hits such as Mampii, Budum-Budum and Shatta Party. Before his death, he had just being signed to Shatta Movement Family and was just about to make his mark in music. He died at the age of 29, going beyond this life with all his untapped talent and potential.
Ebony became the next celebrity to join the long list of Ghanaian celebrities who lost their lives just when they were at the peak of their careers in 2018 when she was involved a motor accident. Her tragic death occurred on the Bechem-Nsuta road, when she was returning from Sunyani. According to reports, the car in which she was, collided with an oncoming VIP bus which was heading in the opposite direction. Ebony was the biggest artiste in 2017 releasing several hits like Maame Wh3 and Poison, and making all the headlines in the entertainment industry. She was tipped to become the first female artiste in Ghana to win the covetous Artiste of the Year at the 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) before her untimely demise. Before her death, Ebony was tipped to be the next biggest artiste in Ghana who could rub shoulders with industry giants such as Sarkodie and Shatta Wale. Even though Ebony didn’t live long enough to fulfill all her potentials, she still managed to leave a mark in terms of music in the one year in which she came into the limelight.
- PHOTOS: Ghanaian Celebrities Mourn Ebony Reigns On Social Media
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Ghanaians celebrities and the teams they support
- Ghanaian celebrities who lost contracts after shameful acts in public
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Sold Their Talent For Travel Visas
- 5 Ghanaian Celebrities who are alive but some people think they are dead
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian celebrities who have never been in the news for the wrong reason
- Ghanaian celebrities who support Manchester United
- Ghanaian celebrities who married or dated foreigners
- 10 Nigerian celebrities who have won the hearts of Ghanaians
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra