In this era of social media, it has become almost impossible to separate stardom and being a celebrity from the use of the social media as most of these celebrities get their gigs from patrons and fans who contact some of them directly from their social media accounts and contact.
One dominant social media platform that has proven itself resourceful in that light is Facebook. Facebook is a common social platform where people make new friends or reconnect with old ones, share their daily lives with their friends through posting hints about their lifestyles. Regardless of how significant Facebook has proven to be needed in the lives of celebrities, some celebrities just don’t find the platform intriguing enough to subscribe to.
Because of this, scammers and other people, for reasons best known to them have created several fake pages on Facebook impersonating the celebrities. Below Ghanaian celebrities who are not on Facebook.
Akwasi Boadi known as Akrobeto is a Ghanaian actor, comedian, a Television Presenter and host of Real News on United Television (UTV). In an interview on Kantanka TV, the actor explained his absence on all social media platforms. According to him, social media is a modern-day tool of slavery, because mostly, patrons of social media speak English as a language of communication relegating our local languages to the background. To him, he won’t subject himself to white supremacy, the main reason he is not on WhatsApp too.
She is a Ghanaian actress and model. She has explained on several occasions that she is not on Facebook. The socialite took to her Instagram account in 2017 to announce that she is not on Facebook after series of reports that some unscrupulous persons have created fake Facebook accounts in her name, and were defrauding fans of huge sums of money.
She wrote on her Instagram, “I keep telling people, I am not on Facebook. I keep getting DMs (Direct Message) from strangers accusing me of taking their money, and others are dating me, and I don’t know”. The reason for her absence on Facebook is not known.
Andrea Owusua popularly known as Efia Odo was an assistant nurse in U.S before relocating to Ghana, and currently pursuing her passion for acting. She is a radio host on Okay FM and a TV presenter on Kwese Television. Even though the actress has about five Facebook account to her name, the actress in an interview with Zionfelix has made it known that she does not own a Facebook account. The actress, however, is on Twitter and Instagram with account names @efiaodo1 and @efia_odo, respectively.
Osei Tutu II is the 16th Asantehene enstooled on April 26, 1999. He is the chancellor of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). The Asantehene is one of those influential public figures who are not on any social media platform. During one of his visits to the Manhyia Palace, the former president John Dramani Mahama pleaded with the Overlord of the Ashanti Kingdom to at least subscribe to one social media platform where he would be able to reach and share his wisdom to the youth who are more social media inclined now.
Although there is no specific reason for his absence on social media, it is a known tradition among the Ashantis that the activities of the Ashantehene must be hidden from the public, the main reason he is only seen in public during traditional occasions. Well, there is much to royalty non-royals may never understand.
JOHN KOFI AGYEKUM KUFFOUR
The former president John Agyekum Kuffour like the Asantehene is one of the most influential statesmen who aren’t on Facebook. Although the former president doesn’t hold anything against the use of Facebook, according to the former president, he prefers to keep his life private, the main reason he does not subscribe to Facebook. However, his foundation has a Facebook page which was created recently.
She is a Ghanaian actress and Musician with songs like “BBF 3b3fa”, “Ehye mu”, Ehw3 Papa”, Tear Rubber” to her name. The actress has on several occasions on television interviews disowned all Facebook accounts in her name. According to her, she does not subscribe to Facebook because she is not intrigued by the social media platform.
Majid Michel is a Ghanaian actor and pastor who is married to Virna Michel with three children. Like some other colleagues of his, the actor is on Twitter and Instagram, but not on Facebook. However, there is no explanation for the actor’s absence on Facebook.
Which other celebrity was left out? Leave their names in the comment box below.
- Ghanaian female celebrities using their star power to launch businesses
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities who abandoned fame to preach the gospel
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaian celebrities who use Uber
- INSPIRING PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities who show us how they get fit
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Ghanaian celebrities who were rich before stardom
- Ghanaian celebrities who are practising or raised Catholics
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Why is June deadly? June 4th killings, June 3rd Flood, and 6 Ghanaian celebrities who died in the month of June
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Moesha Boduong And Efia Odo Re-unite After A Period Of Beefing
- Efia Odo earns only GHS 500 ‘per chakadum’ – Moesha Buodong claims
- Most Ghanaian celebrities are living a lie – Efia Odo
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- 4 Richest young celebrities in Ghana
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Ghanaian celebrities who stole our hearts and never came back
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Died At The Peak Of Their Careers
- SKIN BLEACHING: Ghanaian Celebrities Who Come To Mind