Ghana’s entertainment industry is blessed with people who are multitalented. It’s safe to say that they are “master of all trades and a jack of none”.
You probably haven’t paid attention to the other talents of some Ghanaian celebrities. Let’s rake a look at some of them who have other talents other than what we know them to be.
He’s primarily a footballer. He has featured for clubs such as Liberty Professionals, Udinese, Modena, Rennes, Sunderland, Al Ain, Shanghai SIPG, Al Ahli and Kayserispor. He presently plies his trade in India with NorthEast United. In 2006, he scored the fastest goal in the WC(after 68 seconds) when he took down a beautifully weighted pass from Stephen Appiah on his chest and coolly slotted the ball past Czech Republic’s Petr Cech.
In 2014, he became the highest African goal scorer, surpassing Cameroon’s Roger Milla record of 5 goals after netting against Portugal in Ghana’s final game to take his WC tally to six goals. He has amassed individual awards such as; BBC African Footballer of the Year in 2010, UAE Pro League Top Scorer in 2011-12, 2012-13 and 2013-14, AFC Champions League Top Scorer in 2014 and the AFC Foreign Player of the Year in 2014. Clearly, Asamoah Gyan’s prowess as a striker is not in doubt.
But there are other interests; He’s also a musician and a tennis player too! He shot into the limelight as a musician in 2010 with the hit single, ‘African Girls’ which he sang with Castro. The song earned massive airplay in Ghana and beyond; At the time, Gyan was at Sunderland, and the song was often played when he scored a goal.
Castro became his musical associate as they released ‘Do the dance’ and ‘Odo Pa’ which became major hits. Gyan also has a song with Stonebwoy, titled ‘Dirty Enemies’. More so, Gyan owns a band known as the ASA Band.
And there’s Asamoah Gyan’s ‘obsession’ with Tennis! On 31st May 2020, Asamoah Gyan defeated Baboo in a friendly Tennis game. How does that matter? The man he defeated, Ismaila Nii Lante Lamptey (Baboo) is a tennis champion who has won 3 of the previous 4 editions of the Tema Tennis Singles Open. He started his ‘relationship’ with tennis in 2006, but after several ‘break-ups’, he decided to stay faithful to tennis about some 11 months ago.
So here’s Asamoah Gyan in summary; football, music and tennis! I forgot; he’s a good dancer too!
Nana Ama McBrown
Her real name is Felicity Ama Agyemang. She’s primarily an actress, but there’s much more to her. She also serves brilliantly in her capacity as a television host/presenter. She currently hosts two shows; McBrown’s Kitchen and United Showbiz.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
She’s not a bad singer too as she mesmerized fans with her rendition of Kofi Kinaata’s hit song, ‘Things Fall Apart’ and Stonebwoy’s ‘Sobolo’. Need I say more?
His name is quite a handful; his real name is Cornelius Phanthomas. He has a lot of tricks up his sleeves. He serves in several capacities. He’s a movie director, film producer, actor, musician and dancer. As a musician, he was part of the duo, RANA.
He has produced/directed/starred in films such as; 1 Hour to the Wedding, My Name is Ramadan, Kudi – My Name is Ramadan 2, Akwaaba, 3 Idiots and a Wise Man, The Sextape, Apples and Bananas, Chaskele, Kiss me if you can, Hotel St James, Fire for Fire and Players vs Slayers.
Remember his epic ‘A-Z of Coronavirus’ which endeared him to the heart of many Ghanaians? His real name is Clement Ashiteye, and he’s one heck of a talent. He is primarily a comedian, but his style of comedy is very much unorthodox. We’ve not seen anything like it. Recognition? In 2017, he won the Best Comic Actor during the GH Comedy Awards.
In 2019, he won the Best Comedian during the Fashion and Lifestyle Ghana Awards. Again in 2019, he emerged as the Best Comedian and Best Male Comedian during the GH Entertainment Awards USA and the GH Actors and Entertainers Awards respectively. He also picked up the Man of the Year Entertainment Award during the 2020 EMY Awards.
He has other interests; he is an actor and a rapper too. During an interview on Kuulpeeps’ Live Jive show, Clemento revealed that he’ll soon release an album/EP. Also, during an interview with TV3’s Giovanni Caleb, Clemento thrilled the audience with his rapping abilities. He has done so on several occasions.
He is Gladstorm Kwabena Akwaboah Jnr. He is a gem with a lot of abilities. He is a musician, songwriter and a master keyboardist.
As a songwriter,
- He has written “Daa k3 Daa” for Becca
- He has written “Ayeyi Ndwom” for DSP Kofi Sarpong
Need I say more? As a keyboardist, he has played for highly reputable artists such as John Legend and Hugh Masekela.
On the ‘low’, he also serves as a judge on the popular kids’ programme known as ‘Nsromma’.
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- WILD PHOTOS: Ghanaian celebrities obsessed with cars
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- 7 Ghanaian celebrities who saw death but refused to succumb to it
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian personalities who have been accused of occultism
- Before And After Photos Of Ghanaian celebrities Whose Weight Loss Will Shock You
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- 9 Ghanaian celebrities who switched Kumasi for Accra
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- Top 5 most influential Ghanaian celebrities who have kept clean sheets throughout their career despite criticisms
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Ghanaian celebrities who dated sugar mummies
- Ghanaian celebrities who went through hell before getting a child
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- I’m gifted that’s why Fred Nuamah hates me – Kobi Rana
- Ghanaian Female Actresses Richer Than Shatta Wale
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Now Sell Bread
- VIDEO: Ghanaian celebrities who drive expensive and luxurious cars
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable