In our music space, a proven theory of making that great hit is by employing Shatta Wale’s very own ‘Theory of Beefing’. It’s a trend that has come to stay. However, are all these beefs planned? Or even if the beefs are planned, does it get to a point where the plan is foiled, breeding enmity amongst the parties involved?
Some argue that beefs must continue because it is what makes entertainment very interesting. We can make reference to the Shatta Wale-Stonebwoy beef. It can be viewed as the greatest beef in the Ghanaian music industry, and since they cooked and peacefully ate their beef in a flat plate, fans of both artistes seem to miss those times when they used to attack and counter-attack each other on social media.
Here, we take a look at some of the celebrities who might have taken their beefs too far and as a result, are at loggerheads.
Efia Odo and Shatta Wale
‘Besties turn enemies’. Once upon a time, Shatta Wale enjoyed a special relationship with Efia Odo, but in the early months of 2020, Shatta Wale and Efia Odo unfollowed each other on social media. After that, Efia Odo dropped a bombshell where she accused Wale of being selfish, greedy and one who doesn’t mind destroying others if he’ll make financial gain out of it.
Efia Odo accused Shatta Wale of stealing a business partner she introduced him to which made her lose a lot of money. Though Shatta Wale tried to make amends, Efia Odo hasn’t been particularly receptive.
Mzbel and Diamond Appiah
Same old story, they were once good friends who lost the love they had for each other. It’s unclear what caused the feud between them. But following happenings, it is as though Diamond Appiah feels she’s now in a different class and so Mzbel doesn’t qualify to be her friend.
When MzBel said that she wouldn’t allow Diamond Appiah enter into her pub, Diamond scuffed and said that she travels to Miami, Las Vegas, Dubai and other exotic places and so will not even bother to set her foot into Mzbel’s lowly pub.
Afia Schwarzenegger and Diamond Appiah
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
Diamond is gradually becoming the ‘loggerhead’ prefect. LOL! This one was ugly. They both accused each other of engaging in prostitution. Afia Schwar further accused Diamond of being a thief. Diamond returned the favour and described Afia Schwar as a thief, ashawo and a liar. It’s unclear what caused the quarrel between them.
Pope Skinny and Shatta Wale
Despite admitting that Pope Skinny hasn’t offended him during his maiden appearance on the United Showbiz show, things have not been the same between the duo. Prior to the above admission on UTV, Shatta Wale cited ingratitude on the part of Pope Skinny before his ousting from the Shatta Movement Family.
Other sources also say that Shatta Wale felt disrespected by a post Pope Skinny made on social media which reads, “Respect your girlfriend because we all want her and we are better than you. But she chose you.” According to the reports, Shatta Wale had been confronted by Skinny on how he was treating his baby mama, Michy, and so the above post by Skinny worsened the situation.
After Shatta Wale sacked his Militants, Pope Skinny came biting again and composed a song for Shatta Wale which was titled Snitch. Wale’s response to the song was that “Never try to outshine your master. You will never win no matter how many years you see yourself thinking you winning lol”.
The relationship between the two isn’t good and there is no hope in sight of the two making amends soon.
Asem and Sarkodie
There has always been bad blood between these two celebrities. It ceased because Asem’s musical career took a nosedive. But their enmity was rekindled in the earlier parts of this year; Asem mocked Sarkodie for claiming during a BET Cypher that Irish cream is an ingredient.
Sarkodie recorded a diss song for Asem which he titled sub-zero. Sarkodie was of the view that Asem wanted to use the hostility he has with him to revive his dead career.
The bad blood between these two dates as far back as 2009 when there was a stake for who the best rapper was amongst them and Yaa Pono. Asem has numerously downplayed Sarkodie’s claim of being the best rapper.
Other celebrities who are reported to be at loggerheads include; Eno Barony and Sista Afia, Sister Deborah and Fella Makafui, Yaa Pono and Asem, Kennedy Agyapong and Afia Shwar, Afia Schwar and Mzbel, Afia Schwar and Efia Odo, and the list goes on and on.
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Ghanaian celebrities with foreign accents
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Ghanaian female celebrities who got broken heart in 2018
- VIDEO: I don’t respond to classless nitwits like Afia Schwar and Mzbel who live in rented rooms – Diamond Appiah Jabs
- PHOTOS: 5 Ghanaian Celebrities Who Have Lost Weight Overnight
- Musicians that ‘ruled’ Ghana in their Prime
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own a G- Wagon
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- Ghanaian celebrities who were killed by fake news
- Ghanaian celebrities who have publicly shown displeasure for Akufo Addo’s governance
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Are Atheists
- Ghanaian celebrities who use Uber
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities with kids from different partners
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who cannot keep a secret
- 5 Most generous Ghanaian celebrities who inspire us with their timely donations
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable