It appears the bread baking business is more lucrative and profitable than investing in the Ghana’s entertainment industry and this is evident by the fact that bread is under-supplied in Accra and various cities in Ghana.
Artistes such as C-Zar have complained bitterly of how music and the entertainment industry in Ghana doesn’t pay. In a brutal interview on JoyNews, the once hotcake hiplife artiste revealed that he had to abandon music and invest his small money in electrical appliances before it was too late. While many thought he was speaking out of envy and jealousy because his time had passed, people are beginning to rethink after some of the biggest names in the movie and music industry announced that they are shifting their focus to invest in bread baking instead of entertainment.
This year alone, we have had three industry persons already announced to the public that they are now into bread baking.
There is not much to be said about the legendary music producer as he is already one of the most respected and well-known music personalities in the country. His label, the Last Two Music Group has been responsible for producing talents such as Obrafour, Lord Kenya, Kwaw Kese, Tinny and Edem. However after more than two decades of being at the forefront of talent discovery in Ghana, the ace music producer announced to the general public that it was time he put his hard earned money into something more profitable and that was the bread business. He partnered with A1 Bakery to expand the Kumasi-based bread company to Accra and made it a household product in the capital.
Months later, he was on Starr FM revealing that he had made more money in the bread business than he would have made in music within that time frame.
Bandex (Ahmed Banda)
The legendary movie producer also abandoned the movie industry to channel his resources into the bread business and like Hammer, he hasn’t looked back one bit. Unlike Hammer, Bandex did not reveal to the public that he was now into the bread business but as the saying goes, nothing can be kept under the spotlight forever. Many begun to complain of his near-absence in the movie industry, with the number of movies he produces reducing drastically over the course of 2017, it was at this point that it was disclosed that the movie maker had a new focus; bread baking.
Images of his bread distributing vans with Bandex Bread logos on them went viral on social media and he could not hide it anymore. He later came out to confirm that indeed he had been in the bread business for a while now, a reason for which his movie production works had seen a decline. He however insisted that he has no regrets as the bread business pays off big time.
Another celebrated figure in the entertainment industry who has gone into the bread business is Lucky Mensah, the legendary highlife artiste with dozens of hits to his name. Just this week, the ‘Come Back’ hitmaker, in an interview with Graphic showbiz disclosed that he had been in the bread business for a while now after realizing how lucrative it was.
According to Lucky Mensah, he was not going to sit down and die of hunger and poverty in the name of celebrity when he knows how bad the entertainment industry is with very little in terms of monetary reward. The veteran artist advised his colleagues to be bold and venture into other businesses as music doesn’t pay off, especially in the long run. For him, he believes the bread business has been a blessing to him as he is making enough from it and living a comfortable life now.
Who knows, it may be only a matter of time before the likes of Nana Appiah Mensah and Sarkodie join the exodus of celebrities to invest in the lucrative bread business. For now, we can only watch on as the Celebrity-Bread business love affair unfolds before our very own eyes.
- VIDEO: Sarkodie makes a ‘billion-dollar’ endorsement for A1 Bread
- National Service Personnel to sell bread on the streets
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Lucky Mensah: Radio Presenters Prematurely Retiring Veteran Musicians
- Ghanaian celebrities who are multi-talented that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Top Ghanaian celebrities who found love beyond our borders
- BE INSPIRED: Rich Ghanaian celebrities who grew up in the ghetto
- Ghanaian celebrities who have struggled with infertility
- Ghanaian celebrities in long-distance relationships
- Ghanaian celebrities with royal blood that you probably didn’t know
- Ghanaian celebrities who have hit rock bottom
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Corona Babies: List of Ghanaian celebrities who have given birth in 2020
- Ghanaian celebrities who love dogs
- Female Ghanaian celebrities who make haircut looks so cute
- Ghanaian musicians using their real names as stage names
- HILARIOUS: All the times Ghanaian celebrities ‘murdered’ the English language
- PHOTOS: Female Ghanaian celebrities who make short hair beautiful
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghanaian celebrities you didn’t know are Muslims
- Top celebrities Ghanaians have lost to Nigeria
- Ghanaian celebrities who are building brands around their body parts
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- Ghanaian celebrities and their brands that Ghanaians actually love
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- 30 Photos of GMB 2020 co-host Anita Akuffo that are causing stir online
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Musicians who make being a Ghanaian very honourable
- Ghanaian musicians who dropped their career and are better off as entrepreneurs