Hitherto, though people developed a liking for a star, there wasn’t anything like a Merchandise for these fans to identify with the celebrity they love and adore. However, time and seasons changed and so presently, as a celebrity, having merchandise seems to have become one of the surest ways to thrive in the field of entertainment.
A lot of celebrities have been quick to see the light and as a result, have embraced the ‘bold, new normal’ of owning merchandise!
Here, we take a look at some merchandise of our celebrities that Ghanaians have fallen in love with.
Shatta Wale/ Shatta Movement (SM)Merchandise
Merchandise from the Shatta Movement camp has been one of the hot cakes in the country.
During the launch of Shatta Wale’s Reign Album, a lot of fans who patronized the event were seen in their Reign Wear. Checks on the prices of the Reign Attires indicated that; the hoodie with shorts costs GHC250, the Tracksuit costsGHC200, the Jacket with shorts costs GHC 150 and the T-Shirt costs GHC 50.
Shatta Wale has an ingenious entrepreneurial brain and as a result, developed merchandise for ladies. Ladies who are often seen in SM Merchandise are spotted wearing shirts which have the inscription; Shatta Wale SM For Life.
Stonebwoy/ Bhim Wears
I know you expected him right after Shatta Wale. They’ve smoked the peace pipe so let’s tone down on the rivalry, shall we? Anyway, ‘from the hood for the hood and beyond and in the heart os Ashaiman’, Stonebwoy/1GAD opened his BHIM Merchandise shop.
Did you know that BHIM means, ‘Bless His Imperial Majesty’. Included in his merchandise are; BHIM Scarf, Cap, Magic Cup, Draw-string Bag, Gold-plated lapel pin, T-shirts, etc.
Even prior to the opening of his official merchandise shop, a lot of people have been spotted in BHIM Paraphernalia, indicating their love for the Brand.
Sarkodie/Sark Nation/ Sark clothing/ Highest Merchandise
Apparently, Sarkodie overestimated the extent to which people will spend to purchase his stuff.
Sark Clothing was launched in 2013. However, three years after its introduction onto the Ghanaian market, Sarkodie revealed that his clothing line needed to go through a much-needed rebranding and so it explained why the brand had been kind of dormant.
And in 2018, Sarkodie announced that Highest Merchandise had replaced Sark Collection. Sark branded belt is sold at GHC150.
Looking for TWO SURE? This group won the Friday and Saturday games. Click to join Whats-App group.
The Highest Merchandise had items for sale such as; t-shirts, baseball caps, hats, pants, casual shoes, footwears, wallabies, sweatshirts and jackets.
Sarkodie enjoys good patronage for his as fans are seen in Sark caps at events.
Criss Waddle and Medikal/AMG Merchandise
Criss Waddle is the master and Medikal, the student. Merchandise from the The Arab Money Gang (AMG) Business is also available, and on the streets, a lot of people are seen wearing shirts with the logo, AMG.
The group has their items well-patronused by the senior secondary school students who form a greater number of their fanbase.
Samini/ High Grade Family Merchandise
This is a popular merchandise amongst Ghanaians. Usually, fans are seen wearing T-Shirts with the inscription; H.G.F High Grade Family.
There is also the Untamed Merchandise which was released in order to support his UNTAMED ALBUM.
John Dumelo/ J.Melo Fashion & Cosmetics
In 2012, actor cum politician, John Dumelo released his merchandise, dubbed ‘J.Melo Fashion & Cosmetics’. J.Melo branded items which could be purchased includes; bags, hoodies, Jeanswear, suits and other accessories.
His jewellery line is also said to include; necklaces, rings, earrings and wrist bangles which are made from gold, beads, sapphire and other precious minerals/stones.
After launching his fashion and cosmetics shop in Ghana, he has also progressed to establish branches in Nigeria and Gambia. John Dumelo has a good following in Nigeria and other Africa countries.
Yvonne Nelson/ RYN Merchandise
Yvonne Nelson also owns a clothing line known as RYN. Celebrities such as Efia Odo and Adjetey Annang have being seen rocking RYN Clothing. Merchandise on sale includes; T-shirts, varieties of African wear, kid clothing, caps, etc.
Meanwhile, Fella Makafui and Medikal are also set to release their clothing line, MEDITANTS.
Fella is also known for her Eyelashes products. She made headlines after launching the Eyelashes line in a ceremony that was graced by most of the female celebrities in Ghana.
- Father’s Day: Young Ghanaian Celebrities who are fathers (+ Heartwarming Photos)
- Ghanaian celebrities who have made us proud overseas
- Ghanaians who have won prestigious global awards
- These Ghanaian celebrities show us how small things can help COVID-19 relief efforts in big ways
- Ghanaian celebrities who have the heart for advocacies
- How Samini, Sarkodie and Kwaw Kese reacted to Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy’s reunion
- PHOTO: Shatta Wale Finally Makes Peace With Charterhouse Ahead Of 2019 VGMAs
- Social Media Trolls Patapaa For Dreaming Too Big That He’ll Win A Grammy Award
- Sarkodie, Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy Put Together Cannot ‘Sell Out’ The 02 Arena – George Britton
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Nigeria’s Davido Becomes The Youngest African Musician To ‘Shut Down’ The 02 Arena
- I want to have a foursome with Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Samini and Shatta Wale – Efe Keyz
- Musicians that ‘ruled’ Ghana in their Prime
- Ghanaian celebrities who got into trouble because of their cars
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Own Range Rovers
- 10 Ghanaian celebrities who have won the hearts of Nigerians
- Successful Ghanaian Celebrities Who Everyone Doubted from Their Beginnings
- Ghanaian celebrities who make you proud as a Ghanaian
- 8 Top Ghanaian Celebrities people think are using their ‘football’ age
- Ghanaian celebrities who married into high society
- Ghanaian celebrities who love farming
- Prestigious Address: Ghanaian celebrities who have moved to East Legon
- All the times Ghanaian celebrity fathers showed that baby girls are adorable
- Ghana Celebrities Advocating For Marijuana Legalization
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Had Babies 6 Months After Marriage
- Ghanaian Celebrities Who Married In 2018 – PHOTOS
- These Ghanaian musicians are beefing for real and not for publicity stunt
- Ghanaian celebrities who are at loggerheads
- Celebrity friends and besties who are now enemies
- Ghanaian celebrities who will retweet when you tweet at them
- Shatta Wale beats Stonebwoy, Sarkodie at 2019 Ghana Music Awards UK